Tri-City Youth Conclave 2013: Celebrating Thoughts
Satluj Public School, a premier educational institute with a rich tradition of promoting global education and youth culture for nearly 40 years , in association with Youth Brigade (YB) and GGS Sachdeva Group of Colleges, Kharar, presents the “Tri-city Youth Conclave 2013" Celebrating Thoughts” on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 within the Satluj Grounds.
The youth of today isn’t just a small cluster of students, but a vibrant, strong pillar of society, initiating change and eradicating inefficient systems of old.
The Speakers to be featured in the Youth Conclave are:
1. Rohit Sachdeva: Rohit is a B.Com graduate & Post graduate in Mass-com. He figures in the Limca Book of Records for spending more than 100 hours in air. He started his career a radio jockey when he was only 19. He is the only student from Panjab University who has worked as an intern with MTV India. He is currently working as the programming head of a community radio station in Ambala. He is a complete media package.
2. Dr. Gaurav Chabbra: Dr. Gaurav is a very renowned name in tri-city as he is a doctor by profession & an eminent film-maker by choice. He has made number of documentaries which have been awarded at various national & international film festivals.
3. Prashant Chadha: He is a Civil Engineer by profession but an educationist by choice. He has completed his graduation from Panjab Engineering College and currently runs Word Pandit, an online portal for CAT aspirants and other vocabulary enthusiasts. He has taught English at various CAT institutes in Chandigarh. He is an IIM caller.
4. Rubina Singh: A Law Post Graduate from Panjab University with great sense of pain for women problems. She runs the chapter of International Organization Hollaback in Chandigarh. She tries to fight problems like women molestation, Eve teasing through her initiative.
5. Kshitij Mehra: Kshitij is a B.Com graduate from Panjab University. He is a CA Intern and currently runs Yuvshaala, an organization that provides career counseling and aptitude testing for students pursuing their 11 & 12th in several North Indian regions. He uses a specialized pattern to help children realize their dreams, passions & goals in life.
6. Reekrit Serai: All of 16, one boy decided to go against all odds and set out on the road less travelled. Reekrit, an author, journalist, recruitment advocate in an international consultancy, and communications officer, wrote “As i Turn Twenty” while he was 19. Now at age 21, many would say he started out at 16, but he had entwined high flying endeavours long before, penning his first poem at the age of 4. Currently, he’s working on a non-fiction motivational book, a collection of short stories and a new novel.
7. Manyu Angrish: He is the youngest of the lot as he is just 21, still pursuing his graduation from DAV College, Chandigarh. Manyu runs an evening school named Akshar in Sector-45, Chandigarh. The students in this school come from financially weaker backgrounds. Manyu makes the entire curriculum of the classes himself, covering not just school syllabus but several other areas of life as well.
8. Jas-k-Shan: Jasmeet can very well be called an all-rounder. She graduated with Honors in English and completed her post graduation in Mass-Com from Panjab University. A very intelligent brand developer, Jasmeet instead chose to dance all through her way as she is a passionate dancer. She runs Dance-Dacha - Chandigarh’s first dance facilitation centre. She is the state dance port championship winner and has other various dance accolades with her. She is not only following her dreams but actually living it.
9. Angad Cheema: Angad is a 22 year old man who loves to play a sport which most doesn’t even care about. He is a very successful golf player and holds the 3rd rank in Amateurs All over India. He has proved passion for his game at a young age and is continuously to improve at it. His achievements are great but unfortunately, the public remains apathetic towards the sport.
We have decided to undertake this exercise to make today’s youth aware of role models available in their own locality which would inspire them for achieving their dreams. It’s important that youngsters listen to these young speakers and learn from whatever they have to offer.
There is no registration fee for attending the conclave.
The conclave will begin at 10.30 AM and will be over by 1.30 PM.
Looking forward to hosting young, eager minds.
Liked this event? Spread the word :