This intensive and rigorous 6-day course will cover everything you need to know to design and facilitate your first participatory video projects. Our trainings are designed around principles of experiential learning: employing a wide range of techniques that enhance creativity, sharing, reflection and learning. During the course, you will have the opportunaity to experience, explore and practice a wide range of games and group exercises.
The course includes sessions that focus on developing basic technical editing skills as well as sessions that address the unique approaches to editing within the context of participatory video projects. Although knowledge of digital editing will be helpful, the course is suitable for trainees with little or no prior experience of computer‐based editing.
What you will learn
- Experience a complete participatory video process
- Develop technical and storytelling skills
- Learn methods for participatory video planning, shooting, editing and screening events
- Explore exercises for topic exploration and analysis
- Discuss the most common ethical challenges in PV projects
- Extend your toolbox of energiser and evaluation exercises
- Gain valuable insights into the most common PV applications through case studies
- Receive guidance on key project management issues around equipment purchasing, participant selection, safety, consent, intellectual property and video dissemination
- Develop your first PV project design plan
- Receive advice from our experienced trainers during the course as well as during a 1.5hr online meet-up that will focus on project design and management
Find out more here: https://insightshare.org/participatory-video-facilitation-course/
Book here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfy9SUKSZEKpegiUXn971UcoUrbtGr2Dvlm4AOLW6nVibbRdA/viewform