Harbour Harvest 2019
The Harbour Harvest - Family Ice Fishing Derby and Brunch
- Option to enjoy a delicious brunch in the Harbour View Hall at the Galley Restaurant in the Nepean Sail Club in Ottawa!
- No fishing license required! We are an official OFFE event!
- Holes drilled and ALL equipment and bait available on site.
$300+ Trophy for 1st place (Longest live fish),
$200 for person with most species caught (if a tie, we will use total length of fish - must be alive). Species that qualify include Pike, Walleye, Perch, Catfish, Crappie, Sunfish (Ontario Fishing Regulations). Only fish caught in the Harbour of the Nepean Sailing Club between 8:00am and 3:00pm will qualify. Must have at least two species to qualify - you cannot share or pass on your fish to help them win, they must be your own catch.
- Every registered/paid participant will receive a ticket for a guaranteed door prizes (presented at 3:15 PM along with trophies)
How it works:
- Check in opens at 8:00am (you can arrive anytime you like after then)
Registration options include the Regular ALL DAY pass, or if you just want a small taste, try either a 9-12pm time slot, 12-3pm (this may allow us to share the equipment to more people if we know when you want to drop in.
- Check-in table located inside the main entrance of the Nepean Sailing Club.
- Everyone needs to sign a waiver (available at check-in if not able to do online)
- Experts will be roaming on the ice to help with set up and give advice (and creature handling if you wish).
- We will be spread out throughout the harbour - sites will be marked by dock/slip numbers. Venue map may vary slightly from actual layout. NEW this year - you can go to any open slip. You must be at your slip/hole if you want to keep it, or move around to any unattended hole, or ask for a new hole to be drilled for $5 - 100% goes to the Ottawa River Keepers.
- Organizers will drill your hole (max 2 per registration). Provincial regulations limit is two lines/holes per angler - only one line in allowed per hole.
- You are welcome to bring your own gear/bait and drill your own holes if you have the equipment.
- A normal registration includes fully rigged up gear and a ticket for a minnow or worm (bait).
$1 each "additional" minnow or worm (limited quantities available or you may bring your own bait)
- Everyone must abide by the Ontario Fishing Regulations
The "Harbour Harvest Kit" will include:
A bucket (can be a seat, but mainly used for transporting gear/fish)
Two rigged up tip-ups (rods) with two options - a lure or hook with bait (minnow or worm).
Some other surprises/treats will be included!
Come for the entire day, or just drop in for a bite or two! See the new registration options for Drop-in.
Trophies presented at 3:15pm.
About the charities:
New this year, we will support 3 different charities/causes: (details to come)
1. The Ottawa River Keepers
2. OCISO - Friends of the Family program
3. Charity to be confirmed
I can't attend, how can I still support you or get in on the fun?
If you, or your friends, can't make it to the event, try these ideas...
Share - spread the word
DONATE - 100% of the donations made here will go to your charity of choice and receive a Charitable Tax Receipt
I've never been ice fishing before. Can I still participate?
Absolutely! We'll get you set up and show you how it's done!
If I want to go ice fishing with a friend, do we each need to buy a ticket?
No, if you would like to share a fishing hole and equipment you only need to purchase one individual angler ticket. Having your own holes are more fun though :)
What do I bring?
Dress warm - Waterproof/warm boots help you enjoy the day
Outdoor friendly snacks. The Galley is a restaurant and for health code reasons no outside food or drinks will be allowed inside.
Bring your own gear if you got it.
a camping or portable chair
$5 for unlimited hot chocolate!
Where can I park for the event?
There is free parking available on-site at the Nepean Sailing Club.
Can I get there by Bus?
Yes, try OC Transpo route 152, or get to Bayshore and walk 14 min.
Will food and drinks be available for purchase?
The Bar and Galley at the Nepean Sailing Club will be open to participants all day after 10:30am. NEW THIS YEAR: Call ahead to reserve a seat (or seats) Call Heather (613) 829-6462 or email her at YnVzaW5lc3NtYW5hZ2VyIHwgbnNjICEgY2E=
$5 onsite will get you a stamp for unlimited coffee and hot chocolate until 2:30pm.
Each charity will earn $1 for every breakfast and unlimited hot drink stamp sold!
Can I hang out in the Galley restaurant all day?
Not really, please avoid staying indoors - get outside and jig, jig, jig. Of course you can go in and out as you please to warm up as needed, just dont fall asleep on those cozy couches by the fire place :)
What time does it start?
We will start on site registrations at 8:00am. Event starts officially at 8:00am for some of the serious anglers, normal people trickle in after 9:00am.
Will we catch fish?
No Guarantees - it depends. Annika caught three last year, but that is because she showed good patience and stuck by her hole all day.
Side activities (weather depending) may take place - such as Ice soccer, Ice Volleyball, tug of war, and kin-ball, possibly even a "pull your spouse" or family tobaggan challenge, or if planned properly we could even do a polar dip challenge!
Fun Fact: In 2018, we had 17 fish caught - 11 year old Nick caught the 24.5 inch pike to take home $300 and a cool trophy!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Can I be a SPONSOR or be a bigger supporter of this event and its participants?
Yes! Contact us and we can find a package that works for you and your goals! Lets talk SOON! RGFuIHwgZHJvcGluc3BvcnRzICEgY2E=
What's the refund policy?
If the event does not happen due to severe weather or other uncontrollable factors, ticket sales will be refunded (except for donations to the charity - we thank you for those.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Can I sign up on-site?
Yes, but equipment may be limited and prices will be higher (approx 50% higher)
Liked this event? Spread the word :