Free Trauma Training 101
Are you a community leader or community service provider that would like to learn more about trauma-informed practices, the impact of crises in our neighborhoods, and how to participate in a community response following a critical incident?
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre and the Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre, funded by Crime Prevention Ottawa, are working together to deliver multiple free trauma-informed trainings for communities across Ottawa in the upcoming months. The first training is being held on Tuesday, February 26th from 8:30am to 12:30pm at South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre at 1355 Bank St, Suite 600.
Please contact Riyaz at cml5YXogISBiYXNpIHwgY3JjcnIgISBvcmc= or 613-745-0073 ext. 145 to register for this training. Registration ends Tuesday February 19th! Only 25 spots available!
Trauma Training 101 Agenda:
1) How trauma and trauma-informed care are defined and understood
2) What makes trauma in communities unique and what it can look like
3) The components of a trauma-informed and strengths-based critical incident response
4) How to structure and facilitate a critical incident response
5) How to assess for longer-term support needs and where to refer community members
6) What is vicarious trauma, how it can impact leaders/workers and how to recover from its effects