For the past 33 years, Memorial weekend in Orlando is filled with the sounds of soca, the colors and pageantry of mas and the smell of delicious Caribbean food as Orlando Carnival Downtown is celebrated on Church Street between Camping World Stadium and the Amway arena. Mas Bands take over the streets for a vibrant Carnival parade. Masqueraders celebrate freedom, Caribbean unity, self expression and a rich cultural heritage. Carnival is celebrated across the world and we bring that rich multicultural celebration to Orlando. Whether you are young or old, rich or poor...no matter where you're born...we welcome you to celebrate with us.
This year, Orlando Carnival Downtown has been postponed to September 6th...Labor Day Weekend.
* What time is the Carnival Parade?
The parade starts at 12 p.m on Church Street, between Camping World Stadium and the Amway Arena. The Grand Marshal kicks off the festivities by leading the Parade of the Bands. The procession is approximately 2 miles ending as the bands cross the stage inside of the Carnival Culture Village. The parade is judged and followed by live entertainment by popular soca artiste from across the Caribbean.
What is the Festival?
The festival portion of the event happens in the Carnival Cultural Village. This is an enclosed area that features Caribbean food, arts, crafts, and music. Orlando Carnival has two stages, the main stage with live performances and the fire stage which features Orlando’s popular DJ’s.
What is the parade like?
* Orlando Carnival Downtown Parade consists of 12 official bands, the Carnival parade starts at 12pm on Church Street, this year the parade will start close to Camping World Stadium and cross over Orange Blossom Trail and proceed down Church Street to end on the SED Lawn opposite the Amway arena. The parade is led by our Grand Marshals and include, Junkanoo bands, stilt walkers, dance groups, brass bands, and much more.
* What days & times is the Carnival?
* Sunday, Sept. 6th - 12:00pm- Parade Begins, Park opens at 1pm, Stage Show begins at 6pm and ends at 11pm.
*Can I get a VIP ticket?
* Yes. VIP & ULTRA VIP tickets will be available.
*Are outside food and drinks allowed?
* No. Please support the food and drink vendors at the festival. We have a great array of Caribbean food and drinks available.
* Are there ATMs?
* I’m from out of town, where should I stay?
* Our partner hotels are the Grand Bohemian and the Hilton Downtown, both hotels are within walking distance of the Carnival parade and festival. Please use promo code: Carnival2020 when booking to qualify for our group discount at the hotels.
Orlando Carnival lasts for more than 12 hours and is an experience that leaves you feeling free and happy! Come leh go with we…#OrlandoCarnivalDowntown #MyHappyPlace
You may also like the following events from Caribbean American Passport News Magazine:
Tickets for Orlando Carnival Downtown 2020 can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|I know I goin Orlando Carnival - Early Bird Ticket||USD 10|
|Orlando Carnival Supporter||USD 20|
|General Admission on Carnival Day||USD 25|
|VIP Ticket||USD 75|
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events