In one swift moment, the world as we knew it flipped upside down. Our schedules are distorted, our schools are closed, and our fears have escalated. Creating a new reality for ourselves and our clients is a challenge no one expected to face. Fortunately, telehealth/tele-play has opened us to a new virtual platform where our therapeutic play space can continue to live on.
Play therapists need to first practice selfcare, before providing parent coaching and play therapy to our clients. This workshop will incorporate creative play therapy interventions that will elevate our own resilience and quiet our anxious minds as well and do the same for the families you work with. As a Nurtured Heart Approach© trainer, this interactive workshop will focus on the art of playfully “resetting (regulating the mind and body),” deepening attachments, and give you a handful of play therapy interventions to build your toolbox in providing play therapy in a telehealth platform. Let’s have some fun and make lemonade out of lemons!
1. Learn 2 selfcare strategies through expressive play-based, nature-based, mindfulness activities
2. Understand the three stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach© and the power of resetting for ourselves and our clients
3. Learn at least 3 play therapy interventions to use in a telehealth platform
4. Incorporate the therapeutic powers of play into your daily life to be at your best professionally and personally.
5. Learn how to explain telehealth to parents and how to prepare for sessions
6. Discuss how the therapeutic powers of play attribute to effectiveness of treatment
7. Design 4 ways play therapy techniques that can be used to form healthy attachments, attunement, and regulation in tele-play therapy
8. Learn the skills that are needed to teach parents and caregivers how to play with their child and how to make it a part of their daily routine.
Tammi Van Hollander, LCSW, RPT-S, is a licensed clinical social worker, registered play therapist supervisor and owner of Main Line Play Therapy in Bryn Mawr. PA. She is an international speaker and play advocate. Her work and creative interventions in the field of play therapy have been published and internationally recognized. She is a certified Trainer for the Nurtured Heart Approach®, a certified FirstPlay® practitioner. Tammi is a founding board member of The World Association for Sand Therapy Professionals. She specializes in sand tray play therapy, sensory integration and attachment, working with children, families, and adults of all ages. She's the author Casey’s Greatness Wings and creator of Greatness Sticks©. Tammi is a sought-after expert for speaking engagements, podcasts and webinars.
8:15am – 9:00am Registration, Breakfast and Networking
9am-9:15am: Grounding Self Reflection Exercise
Self Care Check List
9:15am-10am: Attachment and Importance of Connection on the Brain (Polyvagal Theory)
Break out room activity
Full group activity
10am-10:30am The Nurtured Heart Approach©
The Three Stands
The Art of Resetting
What is in our control?
10:45am-11:15am Moving into Telehealth
Explaining telehealth to parents
Play Therapy and Telehealth
11:15am-11:30am Helping kids creatively navigate Current Events:
11:30am-12:15am Therapeutic Powers of Play
Teaching parents special playtime
12:15-1:30pm NCAPT Business Meeting (lunch provided on Friday only)
1:30pm-3pm: Play Therapy interventions
Mindfulness play therapy
Nature-Based Play Therapy
CBT Play Therapy
3:30pm-4:30pm Break out room
I am poem
Self Care Mindmap
Tickets for WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER: SELF-CARE, PARENTING, & PLAY THERAPY can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|General Admission||USD 120|
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events