Join us to make this easy and impressive dish of Peruvian Chicken and Aji Verde Sauce. It's simple to make, but you’ll definitely walk away with some oohs and ahs from the crowd! Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
Peruvian Chicken with Aji Verde Sauce
Serves: 4 -6 Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: For the Chicken
• 1 whole chicken quartered (or 2 breast pieces and 2 leg pieces, bone-in, skin on)
• 2 limes juiced
• 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 tbsp salt
• 5 cloves garlic roughly chopped
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tbsp chili powder or paprika
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp dried oregano
For the Green Sauce (Aji Verde)
• 2 whole jalapenos roughly chopped (ribs and seeds included)
• 1 medium clove garlic roughly chopped
• 1 cup packed cilantro
• 1 lime juiced
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons grated cotija cheese can substitute parmesan
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Knife and cutting board
• Baking sheet and parchment paper
• Cooling rack
• Large bowl or zip top bag
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine lime juice, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, garlic, sugar, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and oregano in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour marinade over chicken in a baking dish or large zip-lock bag. Using your finger, loosen the skin from the chicken pieces and spoon additional marinade under the skin. Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Roast on middle rack on foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Place on rack and cook for 45 minutes.
5. While chicken is in the oven, place all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. May need to scrape down the sides a few times with a spatula for even processing. If you do not like it too spicy remove the seed from jalapeno before dicing. Store in a container or jar until ready to serve. Any extra sauce can stay in fridge for 2 weeks. It’s so delicious it may not last.
Chef Notes: This class is intended as a demo, however feel free to prep chicken along with Chef and bake later. You can also use any cuts of chicken you like, and this sauce goes with everything, fish, steak and veggies. Feel free to add in some potatoes to the rack, toss with salt and pepper first.
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Peruvian Chicken with Aji Verde can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events