Join us to make this flavorful plant-based curried corn soup. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 cup diced yellow onion
• 3 ears corn, husks removed (or sub 2-2 ½ cups frozen)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp curry powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
• ½ lime, zested and juiced, divided
• ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Pinch ground cayenne pepper
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Dutch oven or large pot
• Citrus juicer or fork
• Blender or immersion blender
• Rubber spatula
1. In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until translucent. Cut kernels off ears of corn.
2. To pot, add corn kernels, garlic, curry powder, black pepper and salt. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in water, beans and coconut milk; bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in lime juice. Using an immersion blender or blender, working in batches if necessary, puree soup to desired smoothness. NOTE: If you like some texture, remove a few ladles of soup before pureeing, then stir back into pot.
5. Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with cilantro, cayenne and lime zest before serving.
Chef Notes: Have all ingredients in front of you before the start of class
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Curry Corn Soup - Plant Based can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events