Join us to make this creamy and flavorful Tuscan-inspired soup. Secret ingredients bring on the creaminess and maximum umami flavor. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
• 2 carrots, diced (about 1/2 cup)
• 2 stalks celery, diced, (about 1/2 cup)
• 1 small zucchini, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
• 1 (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes
• 1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
• 1 cup chopped baby kale
• 1 Parmesan rind (optional)
• 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan, optional
• ½ inch slice sourdough or other bread, optional for serving
• Knife and cutting board
• Small bowl
• Spoon or masher
• Large stock pot
• Wooden spoon or spatula
• Skillet or grill pan if toasting bread
• Bowl for serving
1. In a small bowl mash half of the beans with a masher or the back of a spoon and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and cook stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth and tomatoes with the juice, the mashed and whole beans and the rind. Cook for about 10 minutes until all flavors combined and soup has thickened slightly. Add spinach and kale cook until wilted, about 3 minutes more. Fish out rind before serving.
4. If serving with toasted bread: Season bread with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toast in pan or grill pan on low medium heat until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
5. Serve soup topped with Parmesan, if desired.
Chef Notes: Please have all ingredients and equipment out and ready to go before we begin if cooking along
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Creamy Tuscan Soup can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events