Join us to make this sweet potato soup to celebrate the height of fall. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
• 3 carrots, sliced
• 1 yellow onion
• 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 4 cups vegetable broth, or more for thinner consistency
• Watercress – optional garnish
• Pistachios or pepitas– optional garnish
• coconut cream or yogurt – optional garnish
• red pepper flakes or sesame seeds or any finishing spices/herbs – optional garnish
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Dutch oven or deep pot with lid
• Second small pot for broth, if cooking along
• Blender, handheld immersion blender or food processor
• Rubber spatula or wooden spoon
• Ladle or large spoon for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large stock pot on medium high heat.
2. Add the diced onion and carrots and stir frequently for 6-8 minutes, or until the carrots have softened slightly. Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and paprika. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Add the diced sweet potato and broth. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low, add a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is fork tender.
4. Use a ladle to transfer the soup ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high for one minute or until creamy. You can add more broth or water for a thinner consistency.
5. To serve, pour into a bowl and garnish with coconut cream or yogurt, chopped pistachios, red pepper flakes, cracked black pepper and watercress. Or any of your fav toppings.
Chef Notes: Have all ingredients in front of you and broth warming before the start of class
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Creamy Sweet Potato Soup - Plant Based can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events