Join us to make classic lasagna with layers of noodles, meat sauce, seasoned ricotta and mozzarella. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 3/4 lb. lasagna noodles
• 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• 2 lb. ground beef
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp. dried oregano
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 (32-0z.) jars marinara
• 16 oz. whole milk ricotta
• 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
• 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
• 1 large egg
• 2 lb. sliced mozzarella
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Grater or Microplane for parmesan (optional)
• Pot for lasagna noodles
• Pot for beef
• Wooden spoon or spatula
• Large whisk (optional)
• Large bowl
• Lasagna pan for baking
• Aluminum foil
1. Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes. Drain and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and drain fat. Return beef to skillet and add garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through.
3. Combine ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley, and egg in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large casserole dish, evenly spread a quarter of the meat sauce across the bottom of the dish, then top with a single layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of ricotta mixture, a single layer of mozzarella, and a layer of meat sauce. Repeat layers, topping the last layer of noodles with meat sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then increase temperature to 400º and bake uncovered for 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Chef Notes: This class is a DEMO, if cooking along final product will be done after class is over
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Classic Lasagna can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events