Join us to make this beautiful and always-impressive dish where a beef tenderloin filet is seared, nestled with mushroom duxelles and prosciutto, then wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked to perfection. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 1 pound beef tenderloin filet
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1-pound mushrooms – mix of favorite mushrooms
• 4 thin slices ham (Parma ham if you can get it) or prosciutto
• 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
• A few sprigs of thyme
• 1 (7 to 8 1/2-ounce sheet) puff pastry, thawed
• 2 large egg yolks, beaten
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Large skillet
• Food processor
• Baking tray
• Plastic wrap
• Small bowl
• Small whisk or fork
• Pastry brush
1. Preheat to 400°F as you assemble the Wellington.
2. Season the fillet generously with salt and pepper. Heat a tablespoon or two of oil in a large pan on high heat. Sear the fillet in the pan on all sides until well browned.
3. Remove the filet from the pan and let cool. Once cooled, brush the fillet on all sides with mustard.
4. Prepare the mushroom duxelles: Chop the mushrooms and put them into a food processor and purée. Heat the sauté pan on medium high heat. Transfer the mushroom purée into the pan and cook, allowing the mushrooms to release their moisture.
5. When the moisture released by the mushrooms has boiled away, remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside to cool.
6. Roll out a large piece of plastic wrap. Lay out the slices of ham on the plastic wrap so that they overlap. Spread the mushroom mixture over the ham.
7. Place the beef filet in the middle, roll the mushroom and ham over the fillet, using the plastic wrap so that you do this tightly.
8. Wrap up the beef filet into a tight barrel shape, twisting the ends of the plastic wrap to secure. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
9. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet to a size that will wrap around the beef fillet.
10. Unwrap the fillet from the plastic wrap and place in the middle of the pastry dough. Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg yolks.
11. Fold the pastry around the fillet, cutting off any excess at the ends.
12. Place on a small plate, seam side down, and brush beaten egg yolks all over the top. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes.
13. Place the pastry-wrapped fillet on a baking pan. Brush the exposed surface again with beaten eggs.
14. Score the top of the pastry with a sharp knife, not going all the way through the pastry. Sprinkle the top with coarse salt.
15. Bake at 400°F for 25 to 35 minutes. The pastry should be nicely golden when done. To ensure that your roast is medium rare, test with an instant read meat thermometer. Pull out at 125 to 130°F for medium rare.
16. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into it.
Chef Notes: this class is intended to be a DEMO of the full process
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Beef Wellington Demo can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events