Join us to make this delicious chicken, with notes both sweet and roasty it is sure to be a hit. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
• Salt and Pepper - to taste
• 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
• 1 medium Shallot – finely diced
• 2 cloves Garlic – minced
• 1 (12 oz) Jar Fig Preserves
• 2 tablespoon Honey
• 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
• 5 Sprigs Thyme -DIVIDED, plus more for garnish
• ½ Cup Walnuts – chopped for garnish
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Oven safe Skillet
• Small saucepan
• Small bowl
• Small rubber spatula
• Spoon for basting
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare Glaze: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
4. Add in fig preserves, honey, balsamic vinegar, and 1 sprig of thyme.
5. Increase heat to bring mixture to a boil and immediately reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half, about 10-12 minutes. Use tongs to remove thyme sprig and discard.
6. Meanwhile, season chicken: Place chicken on a clean work surface and pat the chicken dry. Season both sides of the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Bring skillet to medium high heat and cook chicken on both side for 3 -4 minutes per side. Spoon the reduced glaze over the chicken, using the back of a spoon to evenly coat and distribute the glaze. Add 4 remaining sprigs of thyme to the pan.
7. Roast: Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake (basting the chicken with the glaze once during cooking), for about 15 minutes or until the juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. Optional: Switch oven to broil during last 3-4 minutes of baking for a more golden brown chicken.
Chef Notes: have all ingredients in front of you before the start of class. If you do not have an oven-safe skillet you can transfer the chicken and glaze to a greased 8x8” baking dish for step 7.
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Balsamic + Fig Glazed Chicken can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events