Join us to make these easy baked pears. We'll halve them, stuff with spiced walnuts and then bake in a bath of white wine for an oh-so-elegant dessert. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= or Cari at Q2Fyb2xpbmVNYXJpZSAhIEJhdW1nYXJ0bmVyIHwgdWJzICEgY29t with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
• 3 large pears
• 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
• 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• ½ cup walnuts, chopped
• ½ cup white wine
• Whip cream – optional garnish
• Additional nut for topping – optional garnish
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Large baking dish
• Small bowl
• Pastry brush
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F
2. Cut the pears in half. Make a hole by removing the seeds with a spoon.
3. Place into a large baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
5. Brush each of the pears with the butter mixture.
6. Fill each hole with the chopped walnuts and drizzle with the remainder of the butter mixture.
7. Pour the white wine into the baking dish.
8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until slightly browned and tender.
Chef Notes: Have all ingredients in front of you before the start of class.
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Baked Pears can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events