Artist Teacher: Christine Oliver
Ages 18 and over (min 5, max 20)
Fridays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm, August 6, 13, 20, 27
A new wildlife photograph is emailed weekly to each registered student. During class time, the teacher provides step-by-step instructions as she paints, and students paint along with her. Most students will have a finished painting at the end of each 2-hour virtual session. In addition, students may email a copy of their finished work to the instructor for encouraging suggestions to improve their watercolor painting. BONUS: A class video will be made available on YouTube. Livestream link will be provided after registration.
• Medium-sized watercolor block or pad – 10x14 or smaller, cold press, 140 lb.
• Soft natural sponge and cellulose kitchen sponge for controlling the amount of water on your brushes
• #2 or #3 Pencil
• Kneaded eraser
• 2 large (16 oz.) containers for water
• Large flat nylon brush – 1 inch or wider
• Round watercolor brushes, numbers 8, 10, 12, 14 (Richeson’s Series 9000, Da Vinci, and Robert Simmons are good quality & affordable.)
• Small stiff-bristle brush for scrubbing, lifting, and correcting. You’ll find these with acrylic and oil brushes.
• Watercolor palette – large plastic palette, with large enough wells to mix pools of paint; a cover is nice
• Old toothbrush, paper towels, tissues
• Small sketchbook – can be as small as 3.5x5
• Watercolor paints: Lemon yellow, cadmium yellow, cadmium red medium, alizarin crimson, cobalt blue, ultramarine blue or phthalo blue, Hooker’s green deep, sap green, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, Payne’s gray, sepia. (Artist-grade paints are recommended, as they have more pigment, but student-grade paints are less expensive and very acceptable for this workshop.)
You may also like the following events from Sanchez Art Center:
Tickets for SS-12 – Watercolor Wildlife can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|4-week live virtual course||USD 150|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events