Our St Paul's/Bank walks have been stopping outside the Goldsmiths' Hall and discussing its history for 13 years. On this special virtual event we go inside the famous hall for a personal guided tour of the 190-year-old building which is rarely open to the public. We will cover:
* What is a Goldsmith, what do they do?
* What is a guild? A brief history of the livery companies
* The link between goldsmiths and banking
* The African connections
* Black goldsmiths and jewellers
* How to become an apprentice
* A library of golden history and a chance to study
* The relevance of the Goldsmiths’ Company in the 21st Century
And much more!
This presentation is brought to you by the Goldsmiths’ Company and Black History Walks. Donations to the event will be split equally between Black Minds Matter and the work of Black History Walks.
This is an online event delivered via Zoom. The link will be sent to your email address 90 minutes before the start.
Other coming online events from www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk :
You may also like the following events from Black History Walks:
Tickets for Secrets of the Goldsmiths can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events