Design can change our world. After a year rocked by controversy, what does a compelling vision for RIBA & architecture look like?
The Architecture Centre has invited the contenders for RIBA president to tell us more about themselves, their work and their ambitions for the 186-year-old institution.
Simon Allford, Jude Barber, Sumita Singha, Valeria Passetti and Nick Moss will be joined by Head of Architecture and the Built Environment at UWE Bristol, Elena Marco and Executive Editor of The RIBA Journal, Eleanor Young.
Individual and Full Series tickets available.
How can we use the past inform our present and future? What lessons can we learn from the heritage of our country and how its design has changed? Valeria will delve into her experience in Heritage Regeneration and explore how our historic environment can teach us a lot about sustainability and regenerative design.
Valeria was born in Italy and studied architecture at Florence University, specialising in Heritage and Conservation.
She is a RIBA Fellow and a Specialist Conservation Architect.
Valeria is the RIBA Vice President Membership and she has been a member of the RIBA Board and Council since 2017. She heads a small multidisciplinary studio in Nottingham specialising in Sustainable Heritage Led Regeneration.
The studio works closely with Historic England, NHLF, local authorities and communities on the repairs and conservation of historic buildings and on the regeneration of the historic High Streets.
Eleanor Young is the executive editor, RIBA Journal. She writes across the magazine and website, edits the intelligence section and leads on editorial planning and delivery. She has a background in journalism having worked at The Architects’ Journal while studying for her MSc in architectural history at The Bartlett (UCL). Eleanor was a founding director of the Milton Keynes architecture centre, was a director at housing provider Circle 33 and regularly chairs events and roundtables.
RIBA ELECTIONS 2020
Voting opens on 14th July. Deadline for voting is 4th August 2020. More info here:
ABOUT OUR DIGITAL TALKS
- All digital talks are hosted on Zoom, you can join on PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Please download Zoom well in advance of the talk at www.zoom.us/downloads.
- You will be sent the link and login details to the email address you used for booking, before the talk starts.
- Click on the link in your email, and enter the password if prompted, to join the talk.
- You will be held in the ‘waiting room’ whilst we allow audiences to assemble.
- Please set your screen to ‘speaker view’ for the best experience.
- Throughout the talk, you can pose questions for the speaker Q&A, at the end, using the chat function.
- If you have any issues with Zoom, please tweet us at @ArchCentre
We miss seeing our audiences!
Tweet us @ArchCentre with a picture of you watching, or just to let us know what you think!
You may also like the following events from The Architecture Centre:
Tickets for RIBA Elections 2020 Talks with Valeria Passetti can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|Full Series Ticket||GBP 12|
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events