Nurturing a garden/allotment and being outside, even in winter, can be healthy, rewarding, creative and fun.
Be inspired as you learn the basics of gardening with the Garden House. Our course is designed for beginner gardeners – to improve your knowledge and skills and to give you the confidence to grow and look after your plants
Initially, each session will be by Zoom (we hope this may become socially distanced face-to-face at The Garden House as the course progresses), lasting about 2 hours, to include:
• Start a productive vegetable and/or cut flower patch
• Composting and making your garden more sustainable
• Propagation – how to make more plants by seed sowing and cuttings
• Selection of 5 plants each week to discuss their role in the garden
• Introduction to basic botany – how plants work
• Introduction to pruning
• Plus a look at pest, W**d and disease control
Alongside horticultural theory, we will have practical demonstrations of what to do in the garden at the moment. Plus there will be a Q and A session each week where you will be able to ask advice about your own garden.
An invitation to Zoom will be sent to you on the day, so you will need to be familiar with communicating through Zoom.
Dates: Tuesday evenings 6.30pm – 8.30pm / 16, 23, 30 March, then 6, 13, 20 April
Also check out other Workshops in Online.
Tickets for First Time Gardener – 6-session ZOOM course can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|General Admission||GBP 175|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events