Why is this programme needed?
• Every school needs a plan for establishing, embedding and sustaining their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
• Every school needs to commit to turning their vision intro provision
• Every school needs a leader to drive this agenda forwards
How will the programme be delivered?
• Delivered online through a series of interactive workshops
• Intersessional research tasks to be undertaken by all participants
• Delivered by 2 former Headteachers who have led this work in their own schools and in grassroots communities
• Group coaching as follow up support
• Recommended reading list
What does the programme involve?
As facilitators we have been careful to construct a programme that recognises the ongoing nature of this work. Our delivery is sensitive to the fact that not every school is where they want to be and so with a non-judgemental and practical approach the programme will support each school we work with to set out their current roadblocks and plan a sustainable route map.
We believe that supporting and challenging individuals in their beliefs around diversity, equity and inclusion matters, as well as ensuring cultural commitment to the work at a strategic level, are the best means of securing safe and inclusive schools for the whole community
Who is the Programme For?
• This programme is to support schools who want to develop their DEI efforts and who are ready to nominate, develop and remunerate a DEI leader.
• We believe that every school should have someone who is designated to take on this leadership role, someone who is dedicated to being or committed to becoming a DEI activist.
• Session 1: Context: Making the political case - Human Rights / Case Law
• Session 2: Context: Making the political personal - The Social Justice Case
Intersessional work – Audit the staff culture
• Session 3: Exploring: Staff feelings about DEI culture (reflecting on the audits)
• Session 4: Developing: Training and Support for staff – The Plan
• Session 5: Exploring: Why diversify the curriculum?
Intersessional work – Audit the curriculum
• Session 6: Developing: Diversifying the curriculum - The Plan
• Session 7: Exploring: How do our policies and procedures, vision and values support our ambitions for DEI in our schools?
• Session 8: Embedding: Drawing together the plan, identifying the strategic leadership of the plan
INTERNATIONAL COHORT DATES:
• Wednesday 20th January (12.00-1.30) – introductory session
• Wednesday 10th February (11.00-1.30) – session 1
• Wednesday 10th March (11.00-1.30) – session 2
• Wednesday 7th April (11.00-1.30) – session 3
• Wednesday 5th May (11.00-1.30) – session 4
• Wednesday 2nd June (11.00-1.30) – session 5
• Wednesday 7th July (11.00-1.30) – session 6
• Wednesday 8th September (11.00-1.30) – session 7
• Wednesday 6th October (11.00-1.30) – session 8
• Wednesday 3rd November (11.00-1.30) – celebration session
The cost of the programme is £500 + VAT
Please email Hannah to request an invoice: aGVsbG8gfCBoYW5uYWgtd2lsc29uICEgY28gISB1aw==
Tickets for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Programme: international cohort can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|DEI Leader||GBP 500|
|DEI Leader - please invoice me||Free|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events