Thu Sep 08 2022 at 09:00 am to Thu Jul 06 2023 at 11:30 am
Why is this programme needed?
• Every school needs a plan for establishing, embedding and sustaining their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
• Every school needs to commit to turning their vision intro provision
• Every school needs a leader to drive this agenda forwards
How will the programme be delivered?
• Delivered online through a series of interactive workshops
• Intersessional research tasks to be undertaken by all participants
• Delivered by 2 former Headteachers who have led this work in their own schools and in grassroots communities
• Group coaching as follow up support
• Recommended reading list
What does the programme involve?
As facilitators we have been careful to construct a programme that recognises the ongoing nature of this work. Our delivery is sensitive to the fact that not every school is where they want to be and so with a non-judgemental and practical approach the programme will support each school we work with to set out their current roadblocks and plan a sustainable route map.
We believe that supporting and challenging individuals in their beliefs around diversity, equity and inclusion matters, as well as ensuring cultural commitment to the work at a strategic level, are the best means of securing safe and inclusive schools for the whole community
Who is the Programme For?
• This programme is to support schools who want to develop their DEI efforts and who are ready to nominate, develop and remunerate a DEI leader.
• We believe that every school should have someone who is designated to take on this leadership role, someone who is dedicated to being or committed to becoming a DEI activist.
• Session 1: Context: Making the political case - Human Rights / Case Law
• Session 2: Context: Making the political personal - The Social Justice Case
Intersessional work – Audit the staff culture
• Session 3: Exploring: Staff feelings about DEI culture (reflecting on the audits)
• Session 4: Developing: Training and Support for staff – The Plan
• Session 5: Exploring: Why diversify the curriculum?
Intersessional work – Audit the curriculum
• Session 6: Developing: Diversifying the curriculum - The Plan
• Session 7: Exploring: How do our policies and procedures, vision and values support our ambitions for DEI in our schools?
• Session 8: Embedding: Drawing together the plan, identifying the strategic leadership of the plan
Intro Thurs 8/9/2022 9:00-11:30
Session 1 Thurs 6/10/2022 9:00-11:30
Session 2 Thurs 10/11/2022 9:00-11:30
Session 3 Thurs 8/12/2022 9:00-11:30
Session 4 Thurs 12/1/2023 9:00-11:30
Session 5 Thurs 9/2/2023 9:00-11:30
Session 6 Thurs 9/3/2023 9:00-11:30
Session 7 Thurs 27/4/2023 9:00-11:30
Session 8 Thurs 15/6/2023 9:00-11:30
Close Thurs 6/7/2023 9:00-11:30
See the bios for Angie Browne and Hannah Wilson below.
£600+VAT per person
Email Hannah for an invoice aGFubmFoIHwgZGl2ZXJzZWVkdWNhdG9ycyAhIGNvICEgdWs=
Also check out other Workshops in Online, Arts Events in Online, Fine Arts Events in Online.
Tickets for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Programme - cohort 12 can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|DEI Leader||GBP 600|
Stay tuned with the most relevant events happening around you. Attend, Share & Influence!
E.g. Jack is first name and Mandanka is last name.