Learn the art of traditional Indian calligraphy from the comfort of your home at an hour where disturbances are very few with Avdhut Vidhare. He will teach you the basics of this traditional art form using a broad edged pen and introducing you to the Indian lettering style - Devanagari. He will also take you through the rich history of this script and then guide you through every step.
About Avdhut Vidhare:
Avdhut journey from learning calligraphy to there on teaching has been nothing but amazing. Imagine your mentor offering you an opportunity to teach at his calligraphy school? Unreal right? For Avdhut it felt like a dream one which he put his heart and soul into. For him calligraphy was a hobby but today he has turned his hobby into his profession. In addition to Devanagari script he is also working on Italics and Siddham script. He finds learning new script exciting and the journey they take him on.
Having personally been mentored by Avdhut I can vouch for the fact that he is an amazingly patient teacher and that he does not shy away from sharing his vast knowledge on the script with you.
• Defining Calligraphy
• Different types of tools
• How to hold pen/tool
• Holding angle
• standard proportions for Devanagari calligraphy
• Basic strokes
• Formation of letterforms ( Grp.1 to Grp.4)
• Formation of letter forms (Grp.5 to Grp.10)
• Formation of words and spacing
• Devanagari Numbers
• Formation of letter forms( Grp.11 to Grp.13)
• Matras (Kana Matra Velanti)
• Conjuncts (formation of more than 1 letterforms- Jodakshar)
• Types of basic alignments
What is included:
- A Devanagari Calligraphy Pen Set
- Digital Printable Workbook
- Digital Guidesheets
The participants will be lead through each and every letter form and will also be guided on using guidelines spacing and layout. We will also share tips on how to practice at home.