Crisis Management: Navigating the Storm - A Virtual Learning Journey
How do you lead effectively in a turbulent and fast-moving world?
Overcoming the mindset of fear and developing the muscle memory of crisis response is the objective of the GCSP Crisis Management courses. Rather than a tick-box approach of a process driven response participants will learn to recognise and adapt the psychological and organisational elements of crisis management. This is achieved by combining latest theory, best practice and lessons learnt using real time simulations that enable participants to explore their resilience as individuals, team members and leaders.
This course will provide you a powerful combination of critical knowledge, improved skills and new techniques that will enable you to have the confidence in your ability to face the rapidly evolving challenges of a rapid onset crisis. Specifically, you will:
- undertake a self-assessment that evaluates your preparedness as an individual and at an organisational level
- deepen your understanding of the various characteristics of different types of crisis
- improve your ability to analyse complex issues, assess various options and establish an effective crisis management team
- understand the leadership and decision making challenges associated with crises and avoid the pitfalls of various psychological biases
- experience in real time specific complex crisis that you will have to navigate and manage.
The course combines the three pillars of the GCSP’s holistic learning approach: the latest in high level academic expertise, the wisdom of experienced senior practitioners, and the collective experience of the participants. This unique dynamic energises discussions about challenging topics as you push the boundaries of your own capabilities in an interactive learning environment, exploring with the experts the knowledge, skills and behaviours that demonstrably produce high performance in challenging conditions
About The Host: We believe that people make peace and security possible. We are an international foundation dedicated to the promotion of peace, security and stability through education, research and dialogue. Visit our website: http://bit.ly/2WLXbZD
Website Link: www.gcsp.ch