Call for Participation: Advanced Documentary Filmmaking Lab
The Royal Film Commission - Jordan (RFC), in partnership with the French Embassy in Jordan and the “Institut National de l'Audiovisuel” (INA), is pleased to invite you to participate in a five-day online training lab on “Advanced Documentary Filmmaking”.
Time & Date: from the 7th to 23rd December 2020.
- First session 7th December.
- Second session 8th December.
- Third session: 15th December.
- Fourth session: 21st December.
- Fifth session: 22nd December.
- Sixth session: 23rd December.
Location: The lab will be hosted through an online platform.
About the lab:
The Advanced Documentary Filmmaking Lab targets documentary filmmakers, Jordanians, or residents of Jordan, who have a feature-length documentary projects at an early development stage and who are willing to dive deep into the writing process through an intensive development six-day workshop.
Participants will have a unique opportunity to discuss their work through online group sessions and one-on-one meetings with high- profile French film experts.
12 projects will be selected to work in three groups, each guided by a French experienced creative advisor, who will help in the development.
Throughout the lab, participants will test a wide range of possibilities for the creative development of their projects by working on the treatment.
Spoken language in the lab: English
Lab Fees: Free of charge.
Targeted at: Documentary filmmakers who have at least one previous experience (a short or feature-length documentary film) and currently have a feature-length documentary film in the early stages.
How to apply?
Please send your application with the following title: “Advanced Documentary Filmmaking Lab” to: d29ya3Nob3BzIHwgZmlsbSAhIGpv
The requested material – to be submitted altogether in one PDF and all in English – are:
- Project’s description that includes a logline, synopsis and treatment.
- Director's motivation letter (1-page maximum).
- Resume (2 pages maximum).
- Links to material informing about the audio-visual approach: still pictures, video mood board, trailer etc. – optional.
- Links (with password) to previous short films or audio-visual work (30 minutes’ maximum).
- Applications partially completed or received after the deadline will be disregarded.
- A clause of confidentiality will be signed between each participant and the trainers as confidentiality guaranteed between the trainers and the participant is compulsory.
Please do not apply for the workshop if you cannot fully commit to the full-time training sessions for all 6 days.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 1st of November 2020 5:00 PM.
For further information, please contact the RFC: 06 4613835 ext.106 or 116.