Death and dying aren't often talked about, but they touch us all. Join us for a facilitated conversation as we explore this taboo topic together.
Death cafe is made possible by a collaboration between the Beaverton City Library, The Center for Mediation and Dialogue, and Washington County Disability, Aging and Veteran Services. This event is welcome and affirming to adults of all races, belief systems, gender identities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, backgrounds, country of origin and abilities. Please reach out in advance if there's anything we should know to better assist or accommodate you.
• Allow everyone to voice opinions and thoughts.
• One conversation at a time
• Show kindness towards others ideas
• Be respectful (not personal) in disagreement
• All are welcome
• This is a confidential space
Before the event:
To get the most out of our time together, we invite you to reflect on these questions:
• Self-care: What are some physical needs to care for before and during the meeting? Examples include having a comfortable chair, water, healthy snacks and/or fidget toys available for easy access. Is it helpful for you to sit, stand and/or stretch during the event?
• What would help you join the conversation with people you may be meeting for the first time? What would help you share your experiences and beliefs and listen to others?
• Technical/logistical support: What logistical support can help you be more present? Examples include practicing a zoom meeting with a friend, wearing headphones to help you hear over other sounds in your physical space, or checking your internet connection and strength. You may enter the meeting room 15 minutes early to get technical support before the event starts.
• Dessert care: Death cafe is part death, part cake! Feel free to bring a comforting goodie and/or cup of tea with you while you participate.
Learn more about Death Cafes at www.deathcafe.com.
Also check out other Sports Events in Online.
Tickets for Beaverton Death Cafe - Virtual can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events