WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We focus on a different theme or artist each week.
- Your child will discover inspirational artists, often using them as inspiration for their own creativity.
- Your child will learn that "mistakes" within creativity are just a learning opportunity.
- We will support one another to encourage artistic freedom and confidence.
- Your child will experiment with various artistic techniques, eg. paint, collage and drawing.
- Your child will develop self-expression, through creativity and discussion.
- Your child will increase their ability to engage and discuss.
I will encourage your child to embrace self-expression in art; giving each child the creative confidence and freedom to create their own unique art.
Each child will gain confidence in self-expression, discussion and creativity.
ALL ABILITIES WELCOME!
- These sessions are not centred around 'talent'.
- We focus on encouraging creative confidence.
- Developing creative freedom.
- Enhancing self-expression, understanding & discussion.
- Inspiration from amazing artists and art history.
- And a knowledge that we are all unique and capable of creativity.
- The impact on other areas of life is incredible too!
Limited numbers attend, to allow full interaction, discussion and sharing of art work if the children wish to.
This Art Workshop will be held on Zoom. To ensure your child's safety, chat will be disabled. We will also operate a waiting room and all participants will be verified and will require a password to gain entry to the waiting room.
The session length will be 60 minutes.
Suggested age 5-11 years. There is flexibility around the age ranges.
Once you have booked, an email will be sent to you the evening before the workshop with zoom instructions & links. Please check spam folders for this email.
We have tried to only include materials that you will hopefully already have at home;
The session is delivered and created by the Dot Kids Founder, Julie Bevan.
DISCUSSION & FEEDBACK
During the session there will be plenty of opportunity for each child to ask questions, comment, discuss & show their art, if they wish to.
There is no pressure to do this though. I recognise that not all children are comfortable doing so. If your child prefers to just watch and create that is fine.
The sessions are very inclusive and do not centre on perfection and 'copying a masterpiece' but on self-expression, understanding and art appreciation.
Therefore, I often find that children who are very shy at the beginning, find the confidence to speak after just one or two workshops, giving them extreme confidence.
You & your child can also choose to disable the video camera, if your child would prefer not to be visible on the zoom call.
You may also like the following events from Dot Kids:
Tickets for After School Art Club: Interactive, Live & Online can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|Access For One Session||GBP 10|
|Sibling access||GBP 5|
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events