This is a free D&A training event for professionals working in care homes within the county. It is the first part of the Charter Mark of Good Practice working with Young People in Care with Substance Misuse.
The training is being held at NCC Headquarters, One Angel Square, Northampton on 22nd November from 9.30am – 1.00pm. This will be followed by a bespoke workshop for the Lead in every placement whereby they will go over tools and resources to use in key working sessions with Young People.
The worker must attend this session in order to attend the LAC D&A Lead Workshop at NCC Headquarters, One Angel Square, Northampton on Friday 6th December from 09.30am - 1.00pm
• Increase awareness of different types of drugs and how they can affect physical and mental health
• Understand alcohol units and how to calculate them
• Explore impact on young people
• Improve confidence and skills in discussing alcohol and drug use with young people and their carers
• Learn about NGAGE and how to refer to them
|Ticket Information ||Ticket Price |
| General admission || Free |