P3 HDR Symposium
The University of Newcastle's School of Creative Industries P3 Symposium will celebrate research done through creative and artistic practice and performances.Traditional research presentations are also encouraged.
We invite abstracts from School of Creative Industries PhD and Masters’ students based on their creative practice/research projects, to present during the mid-semester break, on 2nd and 3rd October.
Participation can take the following forms:
- Short Creative Performance (up to 5 minutes + 5 minutes research talk)
- Poster presentation on artistic practice
- 10-minute powerpoint presentation
- Pechua Kucha (20 slides for 20 seconds)
- 3 Minute Thesis SOCI is a diverse school with a variety of HDR projects from communication and media, drama, design, music, natural history illustration and visual arts.
This opportunity will provide:
- A presentation of your creative work
- An interim milestone to consolidate your creative practice
- Show your passions for CI Research
- Distance Students can ‘zoom’ in
- An after-hours timeslot for candidates who work will be scheduled
- Wednesday night social event (more details to come)
Suggested submission ideas:
- Create a poster on your creative/artistic process
- Provide an update on where you are now (2nd year or 3rd year timelines)
- Pechua Kucha a visual pitch of your Art, creative work or project explaining your passion for artistic, musical and creativity research
- Re-present a conference presentation or poster from another conference.
This is an opportunity for all HDR students to present their research to peers and academics.
This opportunity will help improve:
- Understandings about the diversity of Creative Practice Research in SOCI
- Develop skills in presenting your research project
Abstracts due: Friday 23rd August by 5pm. 250 words abstract plus 50-word author bio.
For more information, please contact c29jaS1ldmVudHMgfCBuZXdjYXN0bGUgISBlZHUgISBhdQ==
You may also like the following events from School of Creative Industries: