About the eventBoy & Bear - Civic Theatre, Newcastle (NSW)
Australian chart-topping and ARIA-award winning act Boy & Bear have a new self-titled fifth studio album and have announced tours across Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the UK.
Following four ARIA top-10 charted albums, including two to take out the number one slot, Harlequin Dream and Limit of Love, it is with high anticipation that the indie band release their fifth studio LP. A new body of work, each of the 11 tracks were self-produced and recorded at Golden Retriever Studios in Marrickville, Sydney, and mixed by Craig Silvey at Toast Studios in London.
While the band have enjoyed a ten-year career of outstanding accolades and cherished hits, they’ve also continued their reputation as one of Australia’s best live acts, performing to upwards of 65,000 Australian fans every year, in addition to regular sold-out international tours.
Sydney-bred Boy & Bear first rose to prominence in 2009, uploading their track “The Storm” to triple j Unearthed. Two years later, their debut album Moonfire was released, which would go on to reach double platinum ARIA status, peaked at #2 on the ARIA chart, winning five ARIA awards including Album of the Year, and three spots in the triple j Hottest 100. In 2013, their sophomore album Harlequin Dream debuted at ARIA’s #1 spot and is certified platinum. Their third album, Limit of Love was be their second consecutive #1 ARIA chart debut, and see them tour the world multiple times, become Splendour in the Grass festival favourites, perform on Conan O’Brien, and sell out two Sydney Opera House visits.
Enter the world of Boy & Bear today, as their newest and independently released self-titled album becomes yours to hold ahead of their not-to-be-missed live shows coming to a city near you.
- Two Number 1 Albums
- Four Top 10 Albums
- Multiple 2 x Platinum and Gold Selling albums
- Multiple triple j feature records and Hottest 100 entries
- Performed on the main-stage multiple times at Australia’s biggest and best festivals including Splendour in the Grass and Falls Festival.
UK / Euro Highlights
- Sold out Shepherds Bush Empire in London (2,000 cap)
- BBC radio 6 and BBC radio 2 plays/interviews in the UK
- Played Lowlands festival in the Netherlands twice
- Live on 3fm in a Netherlands a number of times
- Performed at Pucklepop festival in Belgium
- Performed at Haldern Pop festival in Germany (twice)
- Headlined Paradiso in the Netherlands
- Debut album ‘Moonfire’ charted at 91 in the Netherlands.
- Third album ‘Limit of Love’ album charted at 83 in the Netherlands.
- Second album ‘Harlequin Dream’ charted at 80 in Belgium.
- ’Southern Sun’ single charted in 82 in France.
US/ Canada highlights
Performed at Lollapalooza Festival
Performed at Bonnaroo Festival
Performed twice at Firefly Festival
Performed on Conan O’Brien
Featured on Billboard
Performed at SXSW
‘Southern Sun’ single was 3rd highest played song on Triple A radio in 2013
Performed at ‘Red Rocks’ for Film on the Rocks