Summer School - Pop Stars Week
WEEK LONG SUMMER SCHOOL
Singing, Dance, Fitness & Fun for girls and boys
9am - 3pm (early drop off at 8:30am available)
2pm Performance for parents on the Friday at NDC.
We are excited and delighted to be offering our first ever POP STARS WEEK at NDC Summer School 2019.
What to expect:
The general idea of the week is to entertain, educate and inspire the youngsters. They will be encouraged to think and invent their own commercial ‘pop group/band’ and/or ‘artist’. Give it/them a name and a style…. then become that artist or group!
Younger children will be fully assisted with this and work alongside our instructors… plus they will have lots of opportunities for age appropriate fun, crafts, stories and games.
Older pupils will be allowed freedom of expression and encouraged to develop their ideas independently.
The pupils will:
1. Have a daily fun fitness routine to start the day.
2. Learn breathing and microphone techniques for vocal work (older pupils)
3. Work with their own ‘pop group’ – give it a name, a style, costume, choreography for the group and style the ‘bands’ tour.
4. Work on costume design and set/stage design.
5. Choreograph and perfect dance routines for their ‘group’.
6. Learn various dance routines that ‘backing dancers’ would perform with an artist. (older pupils)
7. Enjoy craft activities, games and activities connected with pop stars and music (younger pupils)
8. Perform as a group and their individual artist at the end of the week.
This will be taught by instructors who have worked in the industry, trained in vocal education and experienced singers.
This week is all about confidence, inspiration, imagination and fun!
And a Commemorative T-shirt too!!
£100.00 for 5 days.
(5-17years) Two groups split on age and dance and vocal experience.
(5 year old children must be at school to attend)
You may also like the following events from Newcastle Dance Centre: