Two days of expert insights from national leaders and specialists working to end violence against black and minoritised women and children
This two-day conference will bring together survivors, activists, professionals and policy makers to redress and remodel thus ‘rethink’- policy and practice relating to the safety and protection of black and minoritised women and children survivors of violence and abuse.
RE-THINKING SAFEGUARDING: Addressing inequalities through the lens of black and minority women and children survivors of violence and abuse will draw on the experiences and perspectives of survivors, centring them as experts in their own lives and giving voice to their vision of safety, protection and recovery. Over two days of discussion, national leaders, specialists and campaigners working to end violence against women and girls will come together to share best practice and reframe this safeguarding conversation via:
- Specialist training,
- Expert panels,
- Keynote speakers,
- Survivor presentations and
- Key insight workshops
To create a lasting impact on safeguarding we aim for delegates to:
- Understand the complex needs of black minoritised women and children survivors of VAWG
- Gain practical knowledge and become better equipped to handle cases involving black minoritised women and children
- Make connections with thought leaders and organisations with decades of experience working with black minoritised women and children
- Gain foundational knowledge enabling them to build policies to better support black minoritised women and children
- Understand how their organisation can engage with, and give confidence to black minoritised women and children survivors to ensure that they do not fall through the gaps and miss out on crucial support.
GET IN TOUCH FOR A DISCOUNT CODE! If you are a student, not for profit organisation, women lead organisation, activist, unwaged or with with no access to public funds, or an unfunded organisation then we want you to be part of the conversation - please contact Y29uZmVyZW5jZSB8IGFuZ2Vsb3UtY2VudHJlICEgb3JnICEgdWs=
for more information.
Accessibility & Inclusivity - We commit to providing a harassment-free, accessible, and pleasant experience with equity in rights for all. We want every participant to feel welcome, included, and safe at the event. This event is a safe accessible space for all people of all intersections and a hate-free space; homophobia, racism and discrimination or hostility of any manner will not be tolerated. Moreover, we will do our best to accommodate specific needs, so please do include information in your order regarding accessibility, or dietary requirements. If you have any queries in relation to accessibility please do not hesitate to get in touch!
|Ticket Information ||Ticket Price |
| Early Bird Ticket - Full Conference || GBP 130|
| Full Conference || GBP 162|