6-week 7.5 CE Credit course
Starts October 10
This group is intended for graduates of The WTCI Training Program who are interested in becoming facilitators of eating and embodiment groups for The WTCI. This group, facilitated by Andrea Gitter, MA, LCAT, BC-DMT, will begin on Thursday, October 10th, from 6:00pm-7:15pm in the Kips Bay area of Manhattan, and will meet for 6 consecutive weeks, once a week, each Thursday evening, concluding November 14. We are making this offering available exclusively to our graduates at a sliding scale rate, between $100-$300 for the entire experience.
We invite all who may be interested in becoming facilitators of eating and embodiment groups for The WTCI to partake in an intensive group experience that will prepare you to lead groups for the Institute and in other settings. We are making this offering available exclusively to our graduates at a sliding scale rate, between $100-$300 for the full six weeks.
Over the course of the group you will review:
· The theoretical underpinnings of a self-attuned, anti-deprivation, and body liberation treatment model relevant to the full spectrum of eating and embodiment concerns.
· The multiple meanings embedded in dieting and compensatory behaviors.
· Guided imagery and experience-near exercises that support the self-attuned eating approach
· How to accurately assess and treat both latent and manifest eating and body image disorders
· The use of somatic/embodied countertransference to help guide treatment
· The complex influence of consumer culture in shaping subjectivity/subjective experiences of body/self as well as gender, race, and class as it impacts who we are and how we live.
At the conclusion of this experience you will be invited to assess your readiness to facilitate groups for the public for the WTCI, and to determine how you can be best supported in that endeavor. We enthusiastically encourage you to seriously consider this opportunity to enrich your group and clinical skills, and to become leaders in the conversation about the political and personal implications of a relationship to eating and embodiment oriented around mindfulness and liberation.
The Women's Therapy Centre Institute Training Program is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Workers as an approved provider of continuing education for NYS licensed social workers #SW-0361 and by NYSED's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners for NYS licensed creative arts therapists #CAT-0018 and licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0102.
The New York State Education Department has approved this workshop for 7.5 contact hours (CEUs) for NYS licensed LMSWs, LCSWs, LCATs and LMHCs. A certificate will be emailed upon request to those who sign the attendance sheet and complete an evaluation format the end of the course. No partial credit; program must be completed.
|Ticket Information ||Ticket Price |
| Alumni Event-Active WTCIA Members || USD 300|
| Alumni Event-Active WTCIA Members || USD 200|
| Alumni Event-Active WTCIA Members || USD 100|