Dōga (Yoga with your dog!)
Join us with your furry friend for an hour of bonding during Doga (Yes Dog Yoga)! Our certified instructor will guide you through a slow-flow, allowing your pup to join in over time, as they become more comfortable with the other puppies in the room and with the space. Through the implementation of gentle massage, stretching, breath connection, and the inclusion of yoga poses, Dōga cultivates the profound and harmonious connection between you, and your animal companion.
This class is open to all dog lovers, and vaccinated, friendly, small dogs (under 23lbs). Our class sizes are limited to 15 adults and 6-8 pooches. Please read through the FAQ's below before registering for the class.
Don't have a pup? That's ok! Come enjoy a gentle yoga class surrounded by the naturally therapeutic energy of loving companions.
About the Instructor: Melaney Wolf
DWolf is in the name, so it's no suprise that Melaney is absolutely in LOVE with dogs of all shapes, sizes, and personalities! A former ballerina with a 20-year yoga practice, Melaney’s professional experience includes multiple treatment modalities. As an instructor, she provides clients with stress-reduction, clarity of mind, a healthy body, and the tools to enhance their lives with breath-work, meditation, mindfulness, and movement.
What Sets Her Apart
After successfully implementing meditation and yoga to heal from a personal history of emotional abuse, Melany has made it her mission to help others learn to the overcome the mental, emotional and physical obstacles that stand in the way of achieving a sense of personal well being, and happiness.
What are the requirements for dog attendees?
1. This event is for well-behaved SMALL DOGS ONLY (under 25 lbs). The purpose of this class is to connect with your pup in a deeper way and to enjoy the natural therapy of animal companionship, so your pup should be able to remain calm with other dogs around.
2. By RSVP'ing to this event you declare that your dog(s) is up to date on all of his/her vaccines, is in good health, and does not have a history of aggression.
3. We will provide assistance and guidance throughout the class, but no-one knows your pup like you do! By participating in the class, you agree to be primarily responsible for your pup's physical safety during poses and their behavior with others during the class.
How do I purchase tickets? Can I pay at the door?
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
healmenyc is located on the corner of 44th Avenue and 23rd Street in Long Island City, just a few minutes walk from Court Sqare, E, 7, M, or G trains. Free and paid for parking is also available nearby.
How do I find healme.nyc?
healme.nyc is located at 44-02 23rd Street, Suite 516 in Long Island City, New York 11101.
We are a hidden gem which can make us a little tricky to find. Here are the secret steps:
1) Walk to the intersection of 23rd STREET and 44th DRIVE (You should see LIC market).
2) Walk North on 23rd Street for 2 Blocks (You should pass the Secret Theater).
3) Enter through the DOUBLE DOORS of Caffeina (a cafe with a green sign).
4) Take the elevator to the 5th Floor and buzz suite 516.
5) Walk as far as you can down the hallway. We'll be here!
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please do not contact Hannes directly. Please contact healmenyc via email at aW5mbyB8IGhlYWxtZSAhIG55Yw== or via phone at 518-589-3049 with any questions. We will be happy to help you!
What’s the refund policy?
Tickets for Doga (Yoga with your Dog) can be booked here.