Discover, immerse and experience the living ancient culture of the Kingdom of Bhutan that has remained unexplored for many centuries.About this Event
Bhutan is a small Buddhist Kingdom located on the eastern edge of the Great Himalayas and sandwiched between the two most populous countries in the world, India to the South and China (Tibet) to the North. Landlocked in the heart of the Mighty Himalayan Mountains, Bhutan is carefully charting a course into modern world while rigorously protecting its rich natural environment and preserving its time-honoured tradition and unique cultural heritage.
This 5 days 4 nights trip will present a true Glimpse of Bhutan and imbibe in you what it takes for a tiny Buddhist Kingdom to emerge as a unique tourist destination. The journey will take you through the hearts of 3 western districts of Bhutan – Paro, Thimphu and Punakha which all exhibits the strength and tenacity of a nation known for preserving its ancient Buddhist culture and living in harmony with its pristine natural environment. Paro stands as the gateway to Bhutan for visitors by air as the country’s only international airport is located here. Paro is obviously the most visited place in Bhutan.
You will visit major historical and religious centers including a day hike to the most spectacular tourist attraction, Paro Taktsang, which was originally built in 1692.Trip Highlights
- Travel to 3 western districts of Bhutan: Paro, Thimphu and Punakha and immerse yourself into the mindful Buddhist way of life, away from the materialistic world, and discover why Bhutan has earned its nickname the ‘Kingdom of Happiness’.
- Visit ancient temples and magnificent Dzongs (fortresses) and marvel at the fine wall paintings, exquisite architecture and craftsmanship that still continues to influence the Bhutanese architecture today.
- Hike to the 8th century sacred site where Bhutan’s iconic landmark, 17th century Paro Taktsang or Tiger’s Nest is built on the face of a precarious 800m rock cliff.
- Appreciate natural beauty of a country with its ecosystem so intact.
- Opportunity for photographs at a sacred mountain pass with stunning views of eastern Himalayan Mountain Range
- Visit the capital city of Bhutan and beyond, get true glimpse of modern Bhutan with its ancient culture still vibrant.
- Visit a family farmhouse to learn and experience Bhutanese way of life and delight your taste buds with authentic Bhutanese cuisine.
What is INCLUDED in the package:
- One-time Visa Fee & Processing
- Sustainable Development Fee (Government Tax)
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 3-Star & equivalent restaurants.
- Accommodations on twin sharing basis at 3-Star hotels certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Round trip airport transfers
- Private Luxury SUV dedicated land transport for the entire duration of your stay in Bhutan
- Licensed and experienced English-speaking private guide.
- Entry fees to parks, museums and other national monuments
- All national taxes
What is NOT INCLUDED in your package:
https://cdn-az.allevents.in/events4/banners/67799c90-f029-11ea-b161-c52aff846b3b-rimg-w720-h511-gmir.jpg https://cdn-az.allevents.in/events9/banners/6796e890-f029-11ea-9e07-a745d3e09658-rimg-w720-h407-gmir.jpg https://cdn-az.allevents.in/events3/banners/67b768e0-f029-11ea-be1a-cdb6f93da770-rimg-w720-h480-gmir.jpg https://cdn-az.allevents.in/events1/banners/67d48dd0-f029-11ea-be1a-cdb6f93da770-rimg-w720-h540-gmir.jpg https://cdn-az.allevents.in/events6/banners/68583cc0-f029-11ea-be1a-cdb6f93da770-rimg-w720-h480-gmir.jpg
- Flights to/from Bhutan
- Travel insurance. It is not mandatory to have insurance for this type of culture & nature tour. It is entirely up to the travellers. Bhutan Acorn Tours & Travel do not provide travel insurance services.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Alcoholic beverages, bar bills.
- Laundry services, telephone call charges
- Cultural shows that require advance arrangement.
- Tips to guides and drivers (optional).
- Any other expense of personal nature.