NAMI Connection is a recovery support group for adults living with mental health issues. Attendees learn from each others’ experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding.
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
– See the individual first, not the illness
– Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
– Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
– Aim for better coping skills
– Find strength in sharing experiences
– Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
– Not judge anyone’s pain
– Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
– Embrace humor as healthy
– Accept that we cannot solve every problem
– Work for a better future in a realistic way
What People Are Saying
“NAMI Connection has enabled me to take a good look at my illness and see that I am not alone. The program has given me additional tools to not only accept my illness, but to help others along the way.”
“… People can solve problems [at a NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group]. It isn’t just a bunch of sad stories; people are coming up with solutions and stuff to do for the next week. One of our group attendees is taking her meds and getting herself to her counselor and is just about able to go back to her career in great part due to Connection.”
NAMI PASCO’S CONNECTIONS RECOVERY SUPPORT GROUP CURRENTLY MEETS EVERY WEDNESDAY FROM 7 PM TO 8:30 PM AT WELLCARE, 5113 US HWY 19, NEW PORT RICHEY
Tickets for NAMI Pasco - Connections Support Group can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|No ticket or registration required||Free|
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events