Kathakar - International Storytellers Festival 2016
Kathakar bekons! Come join the storytellers.
For all those who love to hear and tell stories, it is time again to gather around storytellers who will travel across many seas to come together on one stage to conjure stories from far and wide, only for you!
The 5th edition of Kathakar – International Storytellers Festival is back in Delhi under the Ghummakkad Narain – Travelling Literature Festival with storytellers Puran Bhat, Emily Hennessey, the Bhaat community, Giles Abbott, Usha Venkataramen and Tim Ralphs.
Be ready to listen to your favorite stories under the night sky:
• The epic story of Amar Singh Rathore
• The Firebird - the Russian story of a huntsman, his talking horse, and the terrible commands of a wicked king
• Ice & Fire: Trickster tales from Norse Mythology
• Monsters & Men - stories of monsters and people
• Satyavan Savitri told through Swang
• Tatterhood - the enchanting Norwegian story of a family of trolls that terrify a small kingdom
• Starry Night: A constellation of narration inspired by the night sky
• Hiranyakashyap – the wicked king and his good son
• Meenaskhi Kalyanam, an Indian retelling of the Cuban folktale, Martina the beautiful cockroach
• East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon - a wonderful Norwegian version of a Greek myth, Eros Psyche
Volunteers and amateur storytellers may contact the organizers to be a part of the festival, which will be held at the IGNCA Amphitheatre from 5th to 7th February 2016, 4:30 to 8 pm.
Organized by Nivesh and the IGNCA with support from the British Council and the National Museum Institute.
For further information contact: bml2ZXNoICEgaW5kaWEgfCBnbWFpbCAhIGNvbQ==, Z2h1bW1ha2thZG5hcmFpbiB8IGdtYWlsICEgY29t or visit www.ghummakkadnarain.org
Liked this event? Spread the word :