Have you been struggling with figuring out your orientation, your sexuality or your asexuality? Have you been wondering how to navigate through all the terms and labels out there and how exactly to identify yourself? Do you find it challenging to articulate and express your individual sexuality to others?
As a queer person in India, the professional help available to us is MEAGER, to say the least. There are only a handful of sensitive LGBTQIA+ friendly options available to us in terms of psychologists, doctors, counselors etc., and even within these, things are FAR worse when it comes to those of us who wish to understand our individual unique sexuality better. There is practically no help available to help those of us who want to understand our Asexuality better.
For the same reason, Indian Aces, after years of experience in the asexuality/sexuality space, are organizing their first ever counseling camp to serve specifically these groups:
1. Those who've wondered if they're asexual and would like guidance. This includes you if you feel like you hate sex, or don't care about it, or feel sexual attraction rarely, or don't like penetration etc.
2. Those who've been struggling with understanding their sexuality or orientation in a broader sense (but are not asexual etc.). This includes those who feel they might be bi- or pan- sexual, those who feel romantically towards one gender and sexually towards another, those who are only attracted to trans folk etc.
This camp attempts to help you with all of the above among other things, and is centered around one-on-one deep and personal discussions between the participants and the facilitator.
What to expect at the camp:
1. An afternoon of open discussions and sharing of personal experiences with a closed group of people, facilitated by the founder of the Indian Asexual collective, (Indian Aces), Dr. Pragati Singh.
2. An attempt to help you figure out aspects of your sexuality including but not limited to orientation via activities and games.
3. A safe space for you to tell your story and listen to others who're in the same boat, with plenty of space for discussion and dialogue.
4. Personalized attention and consultation by Dr. Singh throughout the session to each participant. (Please note this is not a therapy session)
5. A unique exercise to help you articulate and visualize each and every aspect of your sexuality like never before.
6. Reading material to take back home with you for later reflection, as well as an Indian Aces brochure.
7. Exclusive research/academic material collected from World Association for Sexual Health for you to read and reflect on.
8. Access to some of our super-cute queer merchandise on sale (on demand only).
Our model of sexuality and all of the exercises are EXCLUSIVE to us and are not available anywhere else. This unique camp is being organized for the very first time as a part of the Asexuality Awareness Week after receiving repeated requests from our workshop attendees.
Registrations are only open till Saturday (21st Oct). We are going for a very small group size and seats are highly limited. Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/wV43ZsZDjZBJP5gD3
Please note we are NOT taking any on-spot or walk-in registrations for this, and will only allow you in if you're registered on the form above.
Venue: A private safe space in Hauz Khas (disclosed only to participants)
Date: 22nd October, Sunday, 2-6 pm
Write to IndianAcesFTW | gmail ! com
Check out all our events over the Asexuality Awareness Week:
22nd to 28 Oct: www.facebook.com/events/1977106782573929
Oct 22: https://www.facebook.com/events/355227224928490
Oct 23: https://www.facebook.com/events/355227224928490
Oct 25: https://www.facebook.com/events/127308394594495