In the always-on life we lead, the smartphone is the central control system of your customer’s life.
This full-day workshop applies social psychology to your business and looks at the psychological mechanisms that shape the way we use mobile phones and what this means for marketing.
Drawing on the emotional attachment we feel to our phones, we take the approach of making digital advertising a helpful service, rather than a nuisance to avoid and examine topics such as:
- How mobile phones are changing consumers’ behaviour
- Modes and moods: in-the-moment marketing
- Going granular and providing the right message in the right place at the right time
- Location, location, location: Do you need a geo-awareness strategy?
- Influence - knowing what information to provide and when
- Diversion and the impact of crowds
- Why saliency and ranking should matter to you
- The forces that drive consumer purchase decisions
- Timing: what works on weekdays doesn’t always work on weekends
- Social context: the importance of the company you keep
Participants will develop an appreciation for the factors that influence mobile marketing and how this channel can be used by their organisation.
Friday 7 June 2019
9.30am - 4.00pm
Unit 6, 65 Tennant Street
$150.00 (+GST) for all-day workshop
You may also like the following events from Lighthouse Business Innovation Centre Pty Ltd:
- Happening on, 15th February, 05:00 pm, Managing your website after launch in Fyshwick
- Happening on, 29th March, 09:30 am, No s**t, Sherlock! in Fyshwick
- This Friday, 21st June, 09:30 am, Psychology of Persuasion in Fyshwick