Saifee hospital, 15/17, Maharshi Karve Marg, Charni road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400 004, Mumbai, India
Walk 391 : #GrislyGirgaon by Khaki Tours
We have started our public walks with precautions for social distancing as an important part of our walks. Masks are compulsory, sanitiser is a must, and group sizes will be restricted to maximum 12 guests. Walks will only be held in uncrowded areas, and we will be using a tour guide system to ensure audibility with social distancing.
#GrislyGirgaon by Khaki Tours
During the 18th & 19th century, Mumbai used to face the east as most people entered and exited the city from the port area. Hence, the inconsequential west coast was called the ‘Back Bay’. Plots along the rocky sea face were acquired by various communities to bury or cremate their dead as they were considered to be away from the town. As the town grew, the paddy fields and coconut groves in the area were converted into a residential zone that we call ‘Girgaon’. It is here that these new citizens had some old neighbours to deal with, a little too old! So, join us on the #GrislyGirgaon ghost walk to see how the dead and the living interact with each other on a day to day basis.
USE OF MASKS AND SANITISER IS COMPULSORY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING.
Please use the code ‘discount’ to avail 50% off for students and senior citizens.
Highlights of the walk :
- A trapped European soldier
- The Chawl of ghosts
- The dead waiter who won’t allow the business to prosper
- Early morning bath of the water nymphs
- A ghost who protects you from ghosts
- The grave that likes butter offerings
- Haunted horse stables
- The ghost who tickles
- Story of the ass curse
- And of course, the legendary ‘Mankapya’ of Khotachi Wadi!
For more information, feel free to call us at 8828100111 or follow Khaki Tours on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Terms & Conditions :
- The health and well being of our guests, staff, hosts and other stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. In light of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Khaki Tours shall strive to take utmost care by following the mandated protocol like the wearing of masks, social distancing and use of hand sanitizers. The guest also shall follow social distancing norms, carry hand sanitizers and wear a mask at all times throughout the tour and also follow any other measures as may be mandated by the authorities from time to time. Khaki Tours remains committed to maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards as per latest government protocols in effect.
- The guest agrees that he/she has joined the tour on his/her own free will and that in the event of the guest contracting Covid-19 (or any other disease) at any time after the tour, he/she shall not hold Khaki Tours responsible and/or liable for the same.
- In case the guest experiences any Covid-19 (or any other contagious disease) symptoms before or during the tour, he/she is expected to inform Khaki Tours immediately. In the event of the occurrence of symptoms before a tour , the cancellation rules stated under will apply.
- Though there is no age limit for the walk, participants should be physically fit to walk a distance of approx 2 kms in approx 2 hours.
- Tickets once booked are not refundable and will not be adjusted against any other event.
- The right of the admission is reserved with the organizer.
- The organizer does not take the responsibility for the loss or theft of any personal belongings or any injury that the ticket holder may accrue at the event.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Any inappropriate behavior by any of the participants shall lead to eviction from the event.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
About The Host: We help you discover heritage hidden in nooks & crannies of Mumbai that you never knew existed!
Subscribe for notifications of our walks & jeep tours.
Website Link: http://www.khakitours.com
Are you the host?
Nearby HotelsSaifee hospital, 15/17, Maharshi Karve Marg, Charni road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400 004, Mumbai, India