#Yana is known for the two unusual karst rock formations - Bhairaveshwara Shikhara and #Mohini Shikhara. It is composed of solid black, crystalline karst limestone. The place and surrounding hillocks are known for the rainforests.
Vibhuti falls is a surreal waterfall located in the deep forest. According to local legends, it was formed when ashes from the burning of demon Basmasur had to be washed away.
Mirjan fort is located on the banks of the #Aghanashini River. The fort is known for its architectural elegance and it was the location of several battles in the past.
15:20 - Catch “12619 Matsyagandha Express” from #LTT, #Thane-15:45, #Panvel-16:20
04:00 - Reach Kumta and travel to Yana. Enjoy the early morning scenic drive through ghats.
05:30 - Start trekking to #YanaCaves
06:30 - We will do packed breakfast at #YanaRocks and then explore it
10:30 - Later travel to #Vibhutifalls and enjoy the evergreen landscape around the waterfalls.
13:00 - Have lunch and later travel through ghats towards Kumta
15:00 - Explore #Mirjan fort
17:00 - Reach Kumta station and catch “12620 Matsyagandha Express”
06:30 - Reach LTT (Panvel-05:15, Thane-05:55)
- Half non-refundable if cancelled at least 7 days before trip
- Non-refundable if cancelled in last 7 days to trip
- Expected charges for train tickets from #Mumbai to Kumta and back in sleeper class: Rs.1000
- You can also take a Volvo from #Kumta or #Goa for return journey
- Participants from #Pune can come to Panvel to get Matsyagandha Express
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Kumta to Yana, Vibhuti and Mirjan in a private bus or jeep
- Saturday breakfast, Lunch and evening refreshments
- Entry Charges at Yana, Vibhuti and Mirjan
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets and food in train
- Bottled water/drinks during trip
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Email – a3V5YSAhIGtyaXNobmEgfCBnbWFpbCAhIGNvbQ==
--- Send your advance money to following account ---
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank - HDFC, Thane
Account no - 5010 0036 3637 05
Account type - Savings
IFSC code - HDFC0001085
For payment through UPI/BHIM:
Virtual Address - kuya@hdfcbank
For Payment through Paytm or Google Pay: 9820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least 1 litre personal water bottle (compulsory, all time in your bag)
- Consent form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- An extra pair of dry clothes and towel
- Sport shoes is recommended but floaters is also acceptable
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets, dry fruits, energy bars etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures
For getting our event updates on WhatsApp, follow this link on your mobile - https://chat.whatsapp.com/CQo1Yd0agNY2uOMQlfBJbB