Event Tag: Trikon #1331
Event Name: Bhimbetka Caves & Sanchi Stupa Offbeat Tour
Event Date: 12-13th Jan 2019
Event Duration: 2 Days
Event Cost: 6499/- per person
Total Seats: 12
Type: Leisure Tour
• Explore the Rock Shelters of 500 Years Old Bhimbetka
• Unveil the historic stories of King Ashoka at Sanchi Stupa
• Take a short trip to Udaygiri Caves for the panoramic view
• Pray to the Lord of the Lords Shiva at one of the largest Shivalinga
About offbeat Madhya Pradesh: Madhya Pradesh is truly a land full of diversity. You get everything in abundance like historical sites, temples, forests, waterfalls and Ghats.
Bhimbetka Caves and Rock Shelters (UNESCO World Heritage Site): This time we are taking you to the most awaited 500-700 Years Old Bhimbetka – Rock Shelters of Madhya Pradesh. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is true in its own way. The ancient rock paintings carved on it shows the impeccable power of the old age civilization. History lovers and photographers will have a gala time here.
Discovered in 1957, Bhimbetka has 700 Rock Shelters with 133 rock paintings. These paintings depict early farming and nomadic life of old age men. Once in Bhimbetka, the rich culture and scenic beauty around the area will leave you spellbound.
Sanchi Stupa (UNESCO World Heritage Site): Constructed on the orders of Maharaj Ashok, Stupa of Sanchi is beautiful and wondrous. It flaunts houses 4 gateways that showcase Buddha’s life through intricate carvings. It is one of the oldest pilgrimage points in India.
Explore: Stupa, Ashoka pillar and Gupta temple here.
Udaygiri Caves: Explore this offbeat set of twenty rock-cut caves near Vidisha. These 18-15 caves look spectacular and have a lot of historic tales around it.
Bhojeshwar Shiva Temple: You must have heard valiant tales of Raja Bhoj. This incomplete huge Shiva Temple has a Huge Linga. Dedicated to Shiva, it houses a 7.5 feet high lingam in its sanctum. The temple's construction is believed to have started in the 11th century, during the reign of the Paramara King Bhoja.
Bhopal Lakes: Bhopal called as the city of Lakes with Upper and Chota lake. If time permits we can retire the evening and spend some quality time around the lake.
Day 1 : Friday 11th Jan 2018
Meet Trikon buddies at 07:30 CSTM, Dadar and Kalyan to board your trains for Bhopal.
Overnight in train (13 Hrs in Train)
Day 2 : Saturday: 12th JAN 2019
We get down at Bhopal 9:30 am and check in. Freshen up and leave for Bhimbetka and Bhojeshwar Shivlinga. 1 Hr journey via comfortable Tempo Traveller will land you to Bhojeshwar Shiva Linga a temple of Shiva which was built in the ancient times. Post the temple visit we reach the most awaited Bhimbetka Rock Shelters and spend 2 Hrs for full exploration with Historical guide. He will explain about the different paintings and life of the ancient men. Have lunch enroute Bhopal and reach Bhopal by 4 pm to explore Gohar Mahal and relax by the Upper Lake at evening to witness the lighting. Have dinner at a local food joint and reach hotel to relax.
Day 3 : Sunday 13th Jan 2019
Wake up at 6 am and get ready by 7 am. Have breakfast and leave for Sanchi Stupa. It is a short 1.5 hrs drive and once you reach there it will take another 1.5 hrs to explore this UNESCO World Heritage site. Though much has been written and spoken about this place, you can only know more about King Asoka on reaching here. Post Sanchi Stupa leave for Udaygiri Caves of Vidisha another marvelous creation apt for photography. Hidden from cliché tourists, Udaygiri is truly a treat to your eyes. Come back to Bhopal by 2 pm and have lunch. Reach hotel to check out and pick luggage to board train for Mumbai. Bid adieu to city of lakes Bhopal and leave for Mumbai.
Day 4 : Monday 14th Jan 2019
Reach Mumbai by 6:20 - 7 am! Get ready for work and kick start the week!
• Accommodation in Non AC Double sharing rooms
• Mumbai to Mumbai Train Travelling in Non Ac Sleeper Class
• Saturday – Lunch and Dinner, Sunday - Breakfast, Lunch
Veg/Non veg meals as per the availability
• Comfortable Bus for covering all destinations
• Historical guide
• Entry, parking and toll charges
• Trikon expertise charges
• Any expenses of personal in nature such as Liquor or Souvenirs
• Evening snacks and tea
• Saturday breakfast
• Camera charges
• Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
• Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
• 5% GST
Things to Carry
• Water Bottles
• A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
• Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
• Thermal Inners
• Cap, sunglasses, scarf
• Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
• Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
• Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
• Mosquito repellent
• Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
• Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
• Avoid wearing precious Jewelry, as Travel Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
• Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by Travel Trikon. Consult your Trikon buddy in advance in case of any changes.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Anybody found consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under Medic*tion, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter Medic*tion for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Please call on +919819021806 / +919819494297 for any query.
For any other information, please drop us an email with your name and phone number at dHJhdmVsdHJpa29uIHwgZ21haWwgISBjb20=
. Please write the subject of the mail as ‘Trikon #1331 Bhimbetka Caves & Sanchi Stupa Offbeat Tour’
Please expect a delay in response for any queries on Saturday & Sunday as Travel Trikon Team will be travelling to some or the other event. Thanks for your understanding & co-operation.
Please refer to following links for more information:
Why Travel Trikon?
Rules and Regulation
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Follow us on:
"For WhatsApp notifications on Travel Trikon upcoming events, please ping us 'UPDATE' with your 'NAME' on 9819021806"
Please save this number as Travel Trikon to receive Broadcast message
Look forward to having you with us!
Team Travel Trikon
Connect | Explore | Unwind