Peb Vikatgad, Panvel, Maharashtra, India, Mumbai, India
Trek to Vikatgad Peb Fort, Neral
Vikatgad (Peb) Fort
Place: Peb (Vikatgad), Neral
Cost: Rs. 1099/-
Brief Information about Vikatgad Fort–
Located in the same mountain range as Matheran, Peb fort is an enjoyable trek for a day’s outing.
The fort derives its name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’; Peb is also called ‘Vikatgad’ for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God, ‘Ganesh’. The trek to the top involves surmounting a small rock patch and a ladder. The fort is famous for its caves which are maintained by disciples of Swami Samartha and the meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain.
The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or ‘Padukas’ worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view of the entire Neral and Karjat region from the top is worth the climb. Another attraction of the trek is the only standing Bastion or Buruj facing the Panorama point of Matheran, the view from here is just too beautiful to describe.
Itinerary of the event:
Meeting point: Thane Station (E) outside Platform No. 10 at 06:00 am.
06:15 am - Leave for Neral via Thane-Belapur-Panvel Route
07:00 am- Vashi
07:40 am- Kalamboli (McDonald's)
(Have Breakfast on the way)
08:30 am – Dasturi Point, Neral. (Start Point)
08:45 am Start the trek.
Reach the summit point by 11:30 am and Rest for a while.
Enjoy the Scenic view & explore the plateau.
(Have some snacks)
12:15 pm – Trek back to Neral Dasturi Point.
02:00 pm – Reach dasturi point and leave for Thane
(Tea on Route)
Things to Carry:
• Identity Proof
• Water (Minimum 2 Ltrs),
• Regular Medicines (If any)
• A good trekking shoes. (Must)
• Camera (Optional and at your risk)
• Some ready to eat food / Easy to have Lunch.
• Pleases do not carry sling bags
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
• Traveling from Thane to Thane
• Breakfast and Tea
• Safety and First Aid
• Guide & Expertise Charges
Lunch, Mineral water, Soft drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
COVID 19 CHECKLIST PER PARTICIPANT
• Any travel history to/from any foreign country/containment or red zone in the past 14 days.
• Any symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 during the past 14 days.
• Age above 45 yrs. participants are not allowed to join any events until further notice.
• Trekkers must carry a sufficient amount of sanitizer, masks, gloves, and a personal medical kit for the respective days of the trek.
• Trekkers must also carry their separate set of disposable/washable utensils like spoon, plates, or cups. This must be used by trekkers during their journey to and from the base camp.
• Apart from the above, trekkers must make sure they carry all the required things, remember no sharing will be allowed. Trekkers will be responsible for disposable of their own items.
• Mask is compulsory to join for any events.
• Keep at least a 1-meter distance during all social and interpersonal interactions during the trek.
• Avoid Touching any objects and surfaces with bare hands.
• Living with Corona is the new normal. We must learn to take care of ourselves. It is our responsibility to keep ourselves and our Nation safe from Corona. While doing that we must follow our dreams too.
• Every participant will be checked for body oxygen levels before boarding the bus, compiling to which any person found to have oxygen levels below 95%, will not be allowed to participate in the event. 25% refund shall be given in such cases.
Note: Please keep in mind that we shall change our policies and procedures based on Government regulations in the future. As you know, there can be last-minute announcements and we will have to follow them. However, we shall try to abide by the Government rules keeping in mind the welfare of our trekkers.
• Leaders' decisions will be final & abiding by everyone until the completion of the trek.
• Smoking & consumption of alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek.
• Everyone is expected to follow safety protocols defined by the leaders.
• Leaders have been given the right to take disciplinary actions up to the extent of removing the participant.
• Polluting trek route of the destination is strictly prohibited & any participant found doing so may have to face disciplinary action.
Nohil Thakur – 7400100591
Aashay Chaukekar – 8779545656
If not reachable, SMS, or WhatsApp.
Booking confirmation only through 50% Advance payment or Full Payment
The amount is to be deposited in the following account.
Name:- NOHIL B THAKUR
Ac no:- 340200105411698
Bank Name:- Saraswat Bank
IFSC Code:- SRCB0000340
You can also pay via Google pay or Phone Pay on 7400100591.
Once payment is done, please send us the details on WhatsApp including Mode of Payment Transaction ID, Participant Name, Event Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Emergency Contact Name, Emergency Contact Number.
Also, send a screenshot of the transaction.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: -
1. If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded
2. After that, no refund will be provided
*MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: -
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any kind of illness and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that the best possible arrangements can be carried out post-approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured person to be taken to the nearest hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be paid by the person themselves.