Is the highest point in Mumbai atop a skyscraper? No! It's actually, inside the biggest green patch of city - Sanjay Gandhi National Park!
Getting to the highest point of the city is a really easy trek, not far from home. Right in the middle of this concrete jungle called Mumbai, is actually a beautiful, dense natural forest called Sanjay Gandhi National Park - our favourite thing about this city. The weather is just right and we're excited to trek up to the highest point in Mumbai, right inside this park!
So come along as we walk through a restricted forest patch that boasts of many beautiful trees, flowers, birds and wild fruits. Get a view of the city, as if it is at a distance and enjoy a view of the 3 lakes of Mumbai - Tulsi, Vihar and Powai - from the highest point.
We walk slowly with our naturalist as he stops a few times to identify a bird call, point out a rare wild flower or tell us about animals that co-exist. On the way back, we get a glimpse of Kanheri Caves!
Cost: Rs 1,295
- Forest permission fee for this trek
- SGNP Main gate entry ticket
- Transport from main gate to Kanheri Caves and back (7 kms distance, one way) OR Vehicle entry fee inside the park if you are driving down (please be ready to allow our participants in your car!)
- Naturalist and guide fee
- A box of fresh vegetarian snacks to eat at the highest point
Does not include:
- Travel to Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Any other activities or meals not mentioned in the inclusions
Note: This trail is easy and is suitable for all age groups (kids 6+ years). As long as you have basic fitness level and don't suffer from a serious medical problem, you will be able to join us. If you have a doubt about this trail, please call us on 9833163486.
So come, walk with us :)