SUNDAY FOREST WALK at MALAD TRAIL
17th December 2017, Sunday
With the winter advancing fast, the forest is undergoing a transformation. The lush greenery of the monsoon is now being replaced by a rapidly drying undergrowth and leafless canopy of the decidous trees. But the bounty of the monsoon abounds and continues to provide food for all kinds of wildlife.
This Sunday, join SGNP’s naturalists for a walk along the Malad Trail Line. A gentle forest trail that runs along the Western edge of the forest. Carry your cameras and binoculars as there would be plenty of opportunities to sight and photograph interesting wild species.
VENUE: Sanjay Gandhi National Park
DATE: 17th December 2017 SUNDAY
TIME: 06.30 AM – 11.30 AM
CHARGES: INR 600 per participant.
06:30 AM -- Report at SGNP main gate + Tea, Refreshments
07.00 AM -- Board SGNP bus to Malad Trail
07.15 AM -- Walk Starts
11.00 AM – Board the bus back to the main gate
11.30 AM– Reach the main gate
CHARGES INCLUSIVE OF: Nature Trail fees, Internal Transport, Naturalist Charges, Entry Fees, Refreshments.
Nature Information Center (NIC)
Phone: 022-2886 8686 (Office)
Email: nicsgnp78 | gmail ! com
1. Wear proper walking shoes. Sandals or slippers not advised.
2. Carry ample amount of water for yourself.
3. Cap or a hat is advisable in this season
4. Carrying snacks won't be a bad idea (but don't litter in the forest).
5. Refrain carrying costly items (except cameras) and jewelry for the trail.
6. Wear full and camouflage clothes. Mosquitoes are a given, so carry insect repellent.
*Pictures are for representational purpose only. Please take a note that marking GOING or INTERESTED on Facebook does not confirm your entry to this event. Prior registration is needed.