SUNDAY FOREST TREK
14th January 2018, SUNDAY
With the rainy season behind us, the climate is turning pleasant by the day and the conditions are getting ideal for trekkers to hit forest trails and flex their walking muscles. SGNP trails provide great opportunities for birding and exploring natural habitats are host to a rich diversity of life forms.
SGNP welcomes you all for these specially designed long trek, along with our expert naturalists. The plan is clear, assemble in the morning and hit the forest trail as soon as possible. Spend a good, long part of the day in exploring the forest and soaking in the best of what the season has to offer. So pack in good energy-giving snacks and yes, don’t forget to carry ample amount of water. Get ready for this Sunday as we are promising you a wild time right here in the city.
06.30 AM - Assemble at SGNP main gate, refreshing cup of tea and biscuits, refreshments
06.45 AM - Depart to the forest in SGNP vehicle.
07.15 AM - Introduction and start trekking from Bamboo Hut.
10.00 PM - Reach Gaimukh.
10.30 PM - Start walking back.
12.00 PM - Board the bus to NIC.
Charges: INR 750/- per participant.
Charges inclusive of Nature Trail fees, Internal Transport, Naturalist Charges and Entry Fees, refreshments.
1. Wear proper walking sports shoes. No sandals or slippers, please.
2. Carry ample amount of water for yourself.
3. Cap or a hat is advisable in this season
4. This is a long trek, so carrying snacks won't be a bad idea (but don't litter in the forest).
5. Refrain carrying costly items (except cameras) and jewellery for the trek.
6. Walking sticks are available on loan at NIC, and are of great help in a forest trek.
FOR REGISTRATIONS CONTACT:
Nature Information Center (NIC)
Office Email: bmljc2ducDc4IHwgZ21haWwgISBjb20=
Website- : https://sgnp.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
*Pictures are for representational purpose only. Please take a note that marking GOING or INTERESTED on Facebook does not confirm your entry to this event. Prior registration is needed.