One DAyMonsoon Trek Peb Fort trek with Mumbai Mountain Hikers
One DAyMonsoon Trek Peb Fort trek with Mumbai Mountain Hikers.
Peb Fort / Vikatgad Fort is a fort located 19km from Karjat, in Raigad district, of Maharashtra. This fort is in continuation with the Malang gad, Tauli Hill and Chanderi fort of the Matheran Hill Range. Vikatgad is a favourite destination for the one day trekkers. The trek path to Vikatgad is along deep ravines and cliffs. Large number of trekkers comes on weekends.
Very less history about this fort is available. This fort got the name from Pebi Devi goddess. This fort has store rooms for storing food grains and ammunition. This fort was visited by Captain Dickinson in 1818
Height: 2100 Fit
Fee: 550/- p/p
Mumbai Mountain Hikers
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
06:10 Am CST
06:18 Am Byculla
06:24 Am Dadar
06:31 Am Kurla
06:35 Am Ghatkopar
06:49 Am Thane
07:02 Am Dombivli
07:13 Am Kalyan
07:25 Am Ambernath
07:41 Am Vangani
07:45 Am Shelu
07:49 Am Neral
(If you miss the train you miss the trek so make sure you are on time to catch the train.) catch same local train and meet at Neral station 07.50.
Kindly buy karjat local Train return tickets on your own.
7:50 am Meeting at Neral station
Tea & Breakfast at Neral Introduction Round
9:30 am trek will start
12:00pm Reach Peb Devi Temple
01:30 pm Have Lunch & Start Descending
4:30 pm Reach Neral Station
Catch the train from Neral.
Reach Dadar by 6.30 pm
Event Fee: Rs.550/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable; do check for availability before making a payment.
Make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – ak1901355@okhdfcbank
Google pay 8108408191
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Arun Kumar Gupta
Bank: HDFC Bank
A/c No. : 5010-0120-9225-47
IFSC Code: HDFC0003200
Booking & Reservations for scheduled events/ tours / treks / camps / other activities will be strictly made on ‘First Come, First Serve’ basis only. One must enquire for availability before paying for an event. One must pay 100% of FEE in advance Mumbai Mountain Hikers
Things to carry
• Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
• 2 Litres of water must
• Good trekking shoes
• Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
• Cap, Camera as Optional
• 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
• Medications if required for individual
• Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
• And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
The cost per head includes the following.
• Breakfast in the morning
• Tea in the morning
• Local guidance
• First aid in case required
• Mumbai Mountain Hikers administration charges.
• Evening Tea and Vadapav.
• All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
• Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
• All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
• The preparatory guidelines provided for our events are for general information only and should not be treated as substituted for professional supervision or advice.
• Not all exercise program/trek/hiking/any event are suitable for everyone. You should consult your physician/ healthcare professional before embarking on any new regime. If you have an acute, chronic, or permanent medical condition; heart or lung disease; or if you are pregnant, nursing or elderly, these events are not advisable for you. If you have any joint pain like knee, shoulder, neck or back pain, some or all of these events are not advisable for you. If you choose to follow our program without consulting your physician, you are doing so at your own risk.
• It is always essential to warm up for a few minutes before beginning an exercise program/trek/hiking/any event. It is also required that a basic fitness test be conducted before deciding on the intensity of this event: The Flexibility and Cardio routines mentioned below may need to be modified for your particular requirement. The strength routines advised here do not mention the weight you will use for each event. The weight suitable for you; the repetitions and sets of each event that you will perform; your form and posture in the event; and the exercise progressions that you will make, are all important variables to prevent injuries.
• Determining these remain your responsibility and you may consider taking professional help to guide you.
• We cannot be held responsible for any injuries / harm / mishaps / accidents / loss / deaths which may occur as a result of these events.