Little Rann of Kutch or little desert of Kutch is a salt marsh located near the Great Rann of Kutch in Kutch district, Gujarat, India.
Some places in the world are known for lush greenery, others for steep cliffs and snowy glaciers and others still for refreshing water lapping against hot beaches. But of all the landscapes in the world, harsh deserts are perhaps the one that fewest people have experienced. Believing it to be not as pleasant as other landscapes, many people miss out on the tremendous beauty found in deserts. Precisely because there are very few people, visiting deserts like the Little Rann of Kutch which gives a traveler the chance to ponder a world before there were so many of us around.
After hours blanketed by the deep silences that fall on the salt flats in the middle of the day, when the only sound is the wind scraping along the sand, can you appreciate the sounds that emerge in the evening, the birds singing, insects chirping and the scuffle of small animals rustling in the brush. Looking out at the unending flats do you appreciate the greenery and rich wildlife that congregates on the beyts or islands that rise up out of the Rann. And getting to know the desert do you begin to understand a secret, that the beauty of life lies hidden in even the most seemingly desolate of places.
The Wild Ass Sanctuary of the Little Rann of Kutch, spreading across nearly 5000 square kilometers of the Little Rann, is the only place on earth where the endangered Indian Wild Ass (Equus hemionus khur), known locally as the ghudkhar, still lives. The sanctuary was set up in 1973 to protect the endangered wild ass. These creatures look like a cross between a donkey and a horse. They're slightly bigger than a donkey, and are fast and strong like a horse.The only other two subspecies of wild asses live in the high arid plateaus of Tibet, making this the most accessible place to visit wild asses in their natural environs. Standing more than a meter tall at the shoulder and two meters in length, wild asses are very agile and can run long distances at a speed of 50 km/h, making them more like wild horses, and far more captivating than their domesticated cousins. Around 3000 of them live in the sanctuary, and are usually seen in herds, especially around breeding season (foals can be seen with the herds around October and November.)
Though a bleak landscape it is rich in biodiversity and is an ecologically important area for wildlife and many local and migratory waterbirds like cranes, ducks, pelicans, flamingos and land birds like sandgrouse, francolins and the Indian bustards.It is also home to various unique mammals apart from wild ass such as the Indian wolf, desert fox, jackals, chinkara, blackbucks, striped hyenas, and nilgai etc..
Date: 19-22 Jan, 2017
Duration: 3 nights / 4 days
Cost Plan : Standard (S) - 14500/-*
Classic (C) - 16250/-*
1. Return Train (Mumbai - Kutch - Mumbai)
2. Accommodation Twin Sharing Basis
3. Six Open Jeep safari
4. All Veg Meals (Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
5. All Fees (Entry,Permit, Guide)
1. All tea, meals during train journey
2. All personal expense
3. Those wants save time can fly to nearest airport (Jaipur)
5. Any kind of insurance coverage
6. Any other thing not mentioned above
7. Tatkal Charges
8. Dynamic Train price charges
1. 125 days’ advance booking mandatory for hassle free travel, accommodation
2. *The cost for per person in INR
3. Pay 50% for booking and remaining 50% before 60days of tour
Terms & Condition
1. Email Confirmation is compulsory with payment for booking
2. My Mera India reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
The itinerary and detail for the tour click link below
Through mail: booking | mymeraindia ! com
. Registration is compulsory to confirm your seat.
You can pay directly through bank transfers or deposit and send scan copy depoit slip
Bank Details :
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
Account Name: MY MERA INDIA
Account No.: 582201010050456
IFS Code: UBIN0558222
Account Type: Current
Branch: Ghatkopar West
For complete tour details and booking
Call: +91 77189 80081 - 82
Email: info | mymeraindia ! com
Visit : www.mymeraindia.com
You may also like the following events from My Mera India
- This Sunday, 30th July, 05:30 am, One Day Trek to Tikona Fort On 30 July, 2017 in Mumbai
- Next Sunday, 6th August, 07:00 am, Waterfall rappelling at sandhan valley on 6th aug, 2017 in Mumbai
- Next month, 13th August, 06:00 am, One Day Trek to Kalsubai on 13 August, 2017 in Mumbai
Also check out other Arts Events in Mumbai
, Photography Events in Mumbai