Fireflies or lightning bugs(Jugnu) make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. This breath-taking show put on by nature resembles a psychedelic combination of stars falling and fireworks exploding – It is an immersive experience you will never forget.
The fireflies do not always flash in unison. They may flash in waves across hillsides, and at other times will flash randomly. Synchrony occurs in short bursts that end with abrupt periods of darkness.
Kothaligad (also called Kotligad or Kothligad or Peth) is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road. Peth is a great place to trek near Mumbai. There is a small temple and large cave at the base and a chimney like a tunnel to the top of the fort. This pinnacle is carved from inside forming a staircase reaching the top. A highly recommended place for adventure seekers & travellers.
Difficulty: Medium|| Endurance: Medium || Type: Night Trek
Major Attractions :
- Thrilling stair climb towards the peak
- Mesmerizing landscapes
Day 0 - Saturday, 11th May
- 21:26 hrs – Board the Karjat Local starting from CSMT at 9.26 pm from your respective stations
- 23:20 hrs – Meet the team at Karjat station ticket counter, we will leave for the base village in our private vehicle
Day 1 - Sunday, 12th MAy
- 00:30 hrs – Reach the base village Ambivali , freshen up and start preparing for the trek ahead
- 01:00 hrs – Start the trek towards pethwadi see the fireflies enroute, we will take a few halts enroute
- 04:00 hrs – Reach the top, we rest for while and play games while waiting for the sunrise
- 07:00 hrs – Explore the small but beautiful fort and surrounding area and then start our descend
- 09:30 hrs – Reach Ambivali and have a scrumptious breakfast.
- 10:30 hrs – Leave for Karjat station in our private transfer vehicles
- 11:00 hrs – Reach the station and bid good byes to your trek buddies with a promise to meet again.
- 21:26 hrs – CST
- 21:40 hrs– Dadar
- 21:47 hrs– Kurla
- 21:51 hrs– Ghatkopar
- 22:07 hrs– Thane
- 22:20 hrs– Dombivali
- 23:29 hrs – Kalyan
- 23:19 hrs – Karjat
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
If you miss the train you miss the trek!
- Karjat to Karjat Private Transport
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Local Guidance
- Wash Room & Changing room facility
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
Things to Carry:
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Wind cheater
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
- It is trekking activity and not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery
- A planned activity or programs may be cancelled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances
Contact: Call or WhatsApp
Sanket: 9969258933 || Sai: 9821136292