Kaas Plateau Tour
Kaas Plateau also known as the "Kaas Pathar" is situated in the Western Ghat’s Sahyadri range, 22 km from Satara city in the state of Maharashtra, India. The name Kaas originates from Kaasa tree. As theleaves of this tree mature, they turn from green to red.Recently this site was declared as “WORLD HERITAGE SITE” due to excellent biodiversity present over here. Apart from numerous varieties of wild flowers (some of which are endemic to Kaas only) this biodiversity site also shelters many insects, beautiful birds, amphibians, reptiles and some major mammalian species. Visiting this ‘heaven on earth’ is always an outstanding experience.
Difficulty level: Easy
Ascend/Descend: Flat Walk to Explore Flower
This trip is kid friendly
Day 1: Saturday Night
- 11:00 pm Pickup from Dadar TT Circle
- 11:20 pm Pickup from K Star, Chmebur
- 11.45 pm Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
- 12:00 am Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
- 12.15 am Mcd Kalamboli
Day 2: Sunday
- 06:00 am Reach Kaas Plateau
- 06:30 am Have Breakfast & brief Introduction session
- 07:00 am Start the tour of Kaas Plateau and bask in the glory of this place. Explore the area and click lots of photographs for your instagram :P
- 11:00 am Move towards Kaas Lake
- 12.00 pm Have lunch and prepare for the return journey
- 03:00 pm Start return journey towards Mumbai(we would reach Mumbai by around 10 pm depending on the traffic). This brings us to the end of our trip.
- Transport by Private AC Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch (Veg) & evening tea
- Kaas Plateau Entry Charges
- Expertise Charges
- Camera Charges
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- Basic Washroom facility available
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery.
- A planned activity or programs may be cancelled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances.
Things To Carry:
- Identity proof (must)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.(optional)
- A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs) Compulsory
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
Contact: Call or WhatsApp
Saurabh: 9820997659 || Sabijit: 9833157583
You may also like the following events from Wandering Souls:
Similar Events in & around Mumbai