What do i get?
A day full of adventure. You get 1hour of trekking followed by 350 ft of rappelling followed by a 1000 ft of cliff traversing.
Previous event photos: http://bit.ly/dukenosephotos
Duration: 1 day
When can i join?
November: 3rd or 4th, 10th or 11th
December: 1st or 2nd, 8th or 9th
About Dukes Nose :
Dukes nose stands approximately 2350 ft above sea level is a huge pinnacle seen while traveling from Mumbai to Pune. The sight from top is unique and magnificent as one sees a vast landscape and the winding Mumbai- Pune expressway cutting through the ghats and trains chugging along the tracks.
Why you should choose Dukes Nose?
1. Length: It doesn't get bigger than this. The rappelling length here is 350ft which is one of the biggest you can get.
2. The traverse: The 1000ft cliff traverse is more exciting than the rappelling, once you rappel down you will be made to traverse alongside a cliff which is exposed on one side with 500ft of valley. All this while you are attached to a safety rope.
3. Hike: A one hour trek to the top is an experience in itself.
4. Food: Get a taste of the local delicacies.
5. Health: Hiking/Trekking is one of the best way to stay in good shape and good health.
6. Comfort zone: Coming out from our closets to meet new people, share travel stories and ideas is what Team Mapping Journeys offers and looks for.
How safe is it?
The trek is medium grade and can be done even by first timers, same goes for the rappelling and the traverse part. If you do not have fear of the heights then you can do this easily. Even if you have the height fear, our team will ensure to help you out to conquer it.
Whats the plan?
08:00 am - Meet and greet at Lonavala Station.
08:30 am - Reach Dukes Nose base camp and have breakfast.
09:00 am - Start the trek to Dukes Nose.
10:00 am - Training and harnessing followed by the main event.
05:00 pm - Move from base camp towards Lonavala.
06:00 pm - Journey ends at Lonavala.
How to reach from Mumbai?
Indrayani Express (starts from CSTM at 5.40 am-reaches Lonavala at 7.58 am) is the best option. We can block train tickets for you (subject to availability) if you let us know in advance(10-12 days prior).
. Breakfast, lunch
. Safety and first aid responder
. Rappelling and cliff traverse activities
. Trek charges
. All equipment rental and technical team charges
. Meals during travel
. Personal expenses
. Insurance of any kind
. Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses
. Any item not covered under “inclusions”
Smoking and consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited. For confirmation of the seat, full amount needs to be deposited prior to the event. Prior to making any payments please confirm about the seat availability.
Once done with the payments, please fill the following attendee form to complete the registration process:
For more info, any doubts/queries, please feel free to contact:
Calling/ Whatsapp - Jigar: +91 7588505216
What'sapp - Veeral: +91 9867697306
Happy trekking! ?
You may also like the following events from Mapping Journeys Pvt Ltd: