Always wanted to trek between the clouds? We relate. This is why on August 19 we are organising a one day trek to Naneghat. Or as it is fondly called, 'Cloud Heaven’.
What makes it even more intriguing is that the pinnacle of the fort is shaped like a thumb.
On the way to the top, you’ll witness huge pots that were used to collect tolls from traders and also, many water tanks and reservoirs. You’ll also be treated to the view of the serene Western Ghats and the pinnacle of Vanarlingi from the summit.
Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra, India.
While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass" as this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders whenever they crossed the hills. The inscriptions in the caves indicate that Satavahana dynasty ruled here and also the Mauryan Empire.
- Meet at Dadar and board private vehicle.
- Breakfast en route to the start point of Naneghat.
-Start ascending and reach the summit, relax and breathe in the awe majestic scenery that the ghat.
- Explore the caves and Nanacha Angtha.
- Have authentic Maharashtrian lunch prepared by the local villagers
- After lunch, we embark on our journey back home just the way we arrived.
Cost: Rs 1999/-
- Private Transport from Dadar & back
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Trek Expertise by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering, Kashmir
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR) trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International, USA
The difficulty level of this trek is MODERATE, however more inclined towards Endurance. Trek difficulty varies from person to person.
This trek runs through a trail big enough for 3 people to walk together for most part. There are a few uphill patches that are narrow but nothing difficult. Since it's a long duration trek there will be sufficient breaks to help you stay hydrated.
How To Pack & Prepare:
- Rule no 1, Pack Light. The less heavy your bag is, the easier your trek will be
- Grab a Small to Medium sized "ONLY REALLY REALLY NEED’’
- To have a comfortable trek it’s best to stay hands-free
- This is CRUCIAL! A bad pair could turn your trek into a nightmare
- Trekking shoes are best and recommended, running shoes or canvas might be troublesome
- Check your shoes for possible wear and tear
- 2 litres of water
- Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy (Packed lunch)
- Personal Identification proof
- Personal Medic*tion if any (Please do let us know in advance about any medical conditions)
- Trekking gear is the best choice, sportswear is ideal too
- Full clothing is recommended to avoid itchiness from flora and fauna
- Jeans, saree is not recommended. Ensure that you are comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict your movement while hiking or climbing.
Breakfast: Poha, Maggi for Veg and Egg based breakfast for Non Veg
Lunch: Participants are required to carry a packed meal which can be consumed at the summit.
TREK GYANN / ATTITUDE
Staying open minded, positive & faithful
A trek in the forest requires for one to stay positive and open minded at all times regardless of the situation. Mind you, this is not a picnic but a trek in the mountains. Mother nature could choose for the weather and environment to be tough or easy on us. However it is important for us to stay grounded and keep our heads over our shoulders, to not panic and trust the decision of the trek leaders.
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled before 6 pm on September 18th
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled after 6 pm on September 18th
To cancel your booking, send us an email on <info />
For queries or assistance, feel free to get in touch with us on Call at +91 9833376765 or Mail at <info />
You may also like the following events from Jack & Hill Adventures: